A new report from InvestGame reveals that video game deals from Q1 to Q3 2022 hit $37 billion.
The gaming market platform notes that figure was amassed across 246 closed deals which included private investments, M&A activity, and public offerings.
InvestGame went on to highlight the five largest video games deals throughout the three quarters:
- In January, Take-Two purchased Zynga for $12.7 billion.
- During the same month Sony announced its deal to acquire Bungie for $3.6 billion.
- Embracer purchased publisher Asmodee for a total of $3 billion in December 2021.
- Back in May, Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund bought a 5% stake in Nintendo for $2.7 billion.
- During June, Joffre Capital acquired a minority stake in Playtika for $2.2 billion.
Additionally, the report revealed that four most active venture capital firms in gaming deals were Bitkraft Ventures, Galaxy Interactive, Makers Fund, and Griffin Gaming Partners.
Bitkraft participated in 21, Galaxy Interactive was active with 15, Markers Fund and Griffin Gaming Partners tied at ten.
Sign up for the GI Daily here to get the biggest news straight to your inbox