Hades wins Best Game at BAFTA Games Awards 2021
Supergiant's hit took home five awards, while Animal Crossing, The Last of Us Part II, and Sackboy each won two
Hades was the undisputed winner of the BAFTA Games Awards 2021, bringing home five trophies.
Supergiant's hit won Best Game, Artistic Achievement, Game Design, Narrative, and Performer in a Supporting Role for Logan Cunningham -- his first BAFTA win.
Animal Crossing, The Last of Us Part II, and Sackboy: A Big Adventure each won two awards.
Animal Crossing won Game Beyond Entertainment and Multiplayer, while Sackboy took home the British Game and Family categories.
The Last of Us Part II won the Animation trophy, while Laura Bailey received her first BAFTA, for Performer in a Leading Role, for her performance as Abby. Naughty Dog's acclaimed game also won EE Game of the Year, which was voted for by the public.
The BAFTA Games Awards took the form of a digital ceremony once again this year, hosted by Elle Osili-Wood.
Media Molecule studio director Siobhan Reddy received the BAFTA Fellowship this year.
Here's the full list of winners for the BAFTA Games Awards 2021:
- Animation: The Last of Us Part II
- Artistic Achievement: Hades
- Audio Achievement: Ghost of Tsushima
- Best Game: Hades
- British Game: Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Debut Game: Carrion
- Evolving Game: Sea of Thieves
- Family: Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Game Beyond Entertainment: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Game Design: Hades
- Multiplayer: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Music: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Narrative: Hades
- Original Property: Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Performer in a Leading Role: Laura Bailey (The Last of Us Part II)
- Performer in a Supporting Role: Logan Cunningham (Hades)
- Technical Achievement: Dreams
- EE Game of the Year (voted by the public): The Last of Us Part II