The Last of Us Part 2 swept The Game Awards this evening, taking home six wins including Game of the Year.
It was also the winner of Best Narrative, Best Audio Design, Best Action-Adventure Game, and the inaugural Innovation in Accessibility award.
Other games that took home multiple awards included Innersloth's Among Us, Supergiant's Hades, Square Enix's Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Sucker Punch's Ghost of Tsushima, all with two apiece.
The Game Awards also honored three new global gaming citizens: CheckPoint's Dr. Jennifer Hazel, Akiki Interactive's Dr. Adam Gazzaley, and the organization Latinx in Gaming.
And earlier today, the show celebrated 50 individuals as part of its inaugural Future Class representing the "bright, bold, and inclusive future of video games."
The Game Awards winners for 2020 are as follows:
- Best Esports Coach: Danny 'Zonic' Sorensen
- Best Esports Event: League of Legends World Championship 2020
- Best Esports Host: Eefje 'Sjokz' Depoortere
- Best Esports Team: G2 Esports
- Best Esports Athlete: Heo 'ShowMaker' Su
- Best Esports Game: League of Legends
- Content Creator of the Year: Rachell 'Valkyrae' Hofstetter
- Global Gaming Citizens: Latinx in Gaming, Dr. Jennifer Hazel (CheckPoint), Dr. Adam Gazzaley (UC San Francisco, Akili Interactive)
- Games for Impact: Tell Me Why
- Best Community Support: Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
- Best Score and Music: Final Fantasy 7: Remake
- Best Narrative: The Last of Us Part 2
- Best Audio Design: The Last of Us: Part 2
- Best Multiplayer: Among Us
- Best Ongoing Game: No Man's Sky
- Best Art Direction: Ghost of Tsushima
- Best Action Game: Hades
- Best Action-Adventure Game: The Last of Us: Part 2
- Best Sim/Strategy Game: Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Best Role-Playing Game: Final Fantasy 7: Remake
- Best Family Game: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Best Sports/Raging: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
- Best Mobile Game: Among Us
- Best Fighting Game: Moral Kombat 11 Ultimate
- Best VR/AR Game: Half-Life: Alyx
- Best Performance: Laura Bailey, Abby - The Last of Us Part 2
- Most Anticipated Game: Elden Ring
- Innovation in Accessibility: The Last of Us: Part 2
- Best Debut Game: Phasmaphobia
- Best Indie Game: Hades
- Player's Voice: Ghost of Tsushima
- Best Direction: The Last of Us: Part 2
- Game of the Year: The Last of Us: Part 2