Amsterdam/Ratingen, 17th August 2005.
Even before its official world premiere at 61st IAA from 15th
- 25th September in Frankfurt, the most powerful Golf ever
designed is ready to be taken for a virtual test run in the highly anticipated upcoming game World Racing 2. Volkswagen, Playlogic and TDK are proud to present this amazing new Golf R32 in World Racing 2 on the Games Convention in Leipzig from 18th - 21nd August, at the Playlogic booth in hall 5 C41.
The new dream car from Germany has just been announced a few days ago by Volkswagen, and is now already implemented into a racing game. The R32 is based on the Golf V generation. This time it packs 184 kW (250 bhp) under the bonnet; the permanent 4MOTION four-wheel drive again
promises excellent roadholding. Market launch will be at the end of September. Prices for the new Golf R32 start at 32,200 .
From the outside, the best Golf ever is not only recognisable by the R32 logo. Similar to its predecessor, the new top Golf has a design and equipment all of its own. The Golf R32 has a top speed of 250 km/h and comes either with a 6-speed manual gearbox or the optional dual clutch gearbox (DSG). Equipped with the DSG the "R32" is even faster:
6.2 instead 6.5 seconds from 0-100 km/h. Despite all this, the model is unusually easy to handle.
The sport appeal of the car and the brilliant design of the R32
extends the variety of the offered cars in World Racing 2 and prove once again on of the main aspects of the World Racing brand: World Racing 2 puts the fun of driving centre stage.
"When Volkswagen decided to support TDK's racing game World Racing 2 a couple of elements weren very important for us. First of all we were evaluating the quality of the graphical representation of our cars. But at the same time we considered the variety of gameplay and the fun aspect of the game. With its photorealistic graphics World Racing 2 convinced us," commented Cornelia Lenz, Volkswagen
The game offers optimised arcade racing characteristics, a rich and varied range of missions, lively 3D scenarios full of detail, enhanced tuning options and a great selection of cars. World Racing 2 is currently scheduled to be released in 2005 for PC, PlayStation2 and Xbox.
World Racing 2 is developed by German racing experts from Synetic in cooperation with TDK Mediactive and features:
- 17 different car brands (Alfa Romeo, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, Lotus, Morgan etc.)
- More than 90 different car models to play
- Six different 3D maps up to 6 square km
- Career mode with over 100 mission races and more than 60 hours of fun
- Customise the ongoing traffic in the game - from rush hour to absolute free driving
- Extreme detailed car models, with complex damaging system
- Realistic driving physics based on nearly 200 different parameter
- Multiplayer with up to six players (Xbox four players and PlayStation2 two players with split screen)
- Individualisation of every car possible with vinyl and licensed