LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - November 30, 2004 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announced its plans to launch a new Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six opus on PlayStation®2, Xbox® and PC during Spring 2005. The game is being developed by two of Ubisoft's award-winning studios: Red Storm Entertainment, the maker of the original Rainbow Six, & Ubisoft's Montreal Studios.
In this new episode, you lead Team Rainbow, the world's most elite counter-terrorist unit, as they are called into action and unfamiliar territory to battle a bioterrorist threat. Stakes escalate as they are personally targeted by an evil terrorist organization. Used to protecting the lives of others, Team Rainbow must now embark on a mission to fight and save some of their own.
The next Rainbow Six installment will build on the ingredients that have made the Rainbow Six® franchise a runaway success, and will introduce new single player experience with a personal darker storyline, state-of-the-art equipment, and offer gamers the chance to play as two members of Team Rainbow: Ding Chavez, the fearless leader of Team Rainbow, and a new sniper role portrayed by Dieter Weber, who must cover his team's movement with deadly accuracy.
The Rainbow Six® franchise, which has already sold more than 7.5 million units, is critically acclaimed for its multiplayer games modes and enjoyed an unprecedented year as one of Xbox® LiveTM's top titles. Multiplayer modes will return with enhanced features. Additionally, PlayStation®2 and Xbox® versions will get new & amazing exclusive modes that will bring the multiplayer experience to a further level of excellence.
"With the Rainbow Six® franchise hailed for its immersive single-player games and known as one of the best multiplayer experiences, our studios managed to fully optimize the next Rainbow Six on Playstation®2 for a breathtaking mix of fun and beauty. This new opus will also take the best and make it better: this time it's personal as Team Rainbow becomes the target. Tom Clancy's gut-wrenching tension, pulse-pounding action, close-quarter battle and hallmark realism are about to get a whole lot darker", said John Parkes, Director of marketing for EMEA Territories. "This new episode will deliver an even bigger multiplayer punch on all formats, with the addition of revolutionary modes that take the game in a completely new direction".
Game features include:
- Stunning graphics and ultra-realistic "ragdoll" physics deliver staggering realism and spectacular close quarter firefights.
PlayStation®2 uses a new Graphic engine specially developed by Red Storm Entertainment to reach unprecedented graphical & technical achievement for the most intense gunfights offered to PS2 owners.
- New elite operatives for the most captivating squad-based gameplay : 10 multinational operatives, including Recon, Electronics and Demolitions experts are available to help you to complete the missions as you command your 3 AI-teamates through Quick Order Interface or Voice Command.
- Superior multiplayer experience: One of the best multiplayer games ever returns with the classics: Adversarial & Cooperative modes through Split-Screen & on-line. Additionally exclusive mode make their appearance with:
- PlayStation® 2: New Rivalry Mode pits Rainbow operatives against trained mercenaries in objective-driven team-based adversarial gameplay.
- New Xbox® LiveTM "Career Mode" allows players to create their own operative, improve their skills and acquire extra equipment in all-new objective-based missions.
- Increasingly intelligent enemy A.I.: With every mission, enemies get more dangerous using tactics like flanking, suppression fire and room clearing.
- New weapons and equipment: Complete your mission with all of the tools of the trade including new items like motion trackers, battering rams, and the deadly MTAR-21 micro assault rifle.
- Tension-building sound effects: Creaking floorboards, whispers and hostages begging for their lives hint that a threat lurks around every corner.
Ubisoft is an international producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products. A leading company in the multimedia industry, Ubisoft's strong and diversified lineup has grown considerably, as has Ubisoft itself. As well as steadfastly continuing to partner with several high-profile companies, Ubisoft has also confirmed its presence on the global market by developing its own exceptional properties. Founded in 1986 in France, Ubisoft is now present on every continent, both through offices in 21 different countries including the United States, Morocco, Germany and China and through sales of products in over 50 countries. The group is dedicated to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers around the world. Ubisoft generated a turnover of 508 million euros for the 2003/2004 fiscal year, up 22.5% at constant exchange rate over the previous fiscal year. To learn more, visit www.ubi.com
About Tom Clancy:
With over 80 million books sold, Tom Clancy is arguably the world's most recognized author. His works include fiction such as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Rainbow Six, Red Rabbit, and the recently released The Teeth of the Tiger. Clancy also writes nonfiction works about weapons and various military units. Four of his books have already been adapted into highly successful feature films.
® 2005 Red Storm Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Rainbow Six is a trademark of Red Storm Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
Red Storm and the Red Storm logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Red Storm Entertainment, Inc. is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
and "PlayStation" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Live, and the Xbox and Xbox Live logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries and are used under license from Microsoft.