Worms / Bracknell / Baltimore 24th July 2009
Some of us have the gift of oratory, others not – now is your chance to see how you measure up against the great speakers of our time. Your task will be to gain favour from your voters – when you create your speeches as El Presidente.
El Presidente’s Speech Feature:
• Speeches are held before elections and are a great tool to sway some voters in your favor.
• When a speech is created, El Presidente (the player) outlines the general directions of the speech (what problems to address, which faction or superpower to praise, what promises to make). His secretary creates the speech from these notes.
• Some parts of the speeches are automatically generated according to the political context of the election. For example in a country leaning towards communism, Presidente may address his people as "comrades".
• If the player doesn't keep his election promises, he will bear consequences later.
• El Presidente is also able to praise himself in his speeches.
Tropico 3 will be available from September 2009 on Xbox 360 and PC, for more information, screenshots and the teaser trailer please visit the official game website www.tropico3.com.
Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
About Kalypso Media
Specialising in the publishing of interactive media – primarily computer games - Kalypso Media was founded in summer 2006 by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek. A year later, the sister company Kalypso Media UK Ltd. was opened in England and is now led by Andrew Johnson and Charlie Barrett, two experienced members of the Kalypso Media Group management team. In 2009 Kalypso Media Inc. was established in the USA headed up by Deborah Tillett. Kalypso Media also own two development studios, Realmforge Studios GmbH and Gaming Minds Studios GmbH both of which are located in Germany.
About Haemimont Games
Haemimont Games is an independent games development team brought together by a common passion: to thrill, engage and provoke gamers worldwide. Since 1997, the studio has developed eight original titles with numerous add-ons. It is currently working on Tropico 3 among others. More information on the company can be found by visiting www.haemimontgames.com.
For UK PR please contact
Ruth Fraser/Keiron Fraser/Martyn Abbott
Chaloner Associates (Cambridge) Ltd
Tel +44 (0) 1954 270599 or 270598
Mob +44 (0) 771 517 1788