MMO devotees are presented with new games each month, all with their own unique styles and features that capture the wackiest of imaginations around the world. However, there still remains the underlying issue of transferring that hard-earned knowledge from previous games, onto new ones.
In its simplest form, gamers have persevered for years to figure out the best buttons to assign, which methods to incorporate, the most suited in-game tactics and, ultimately, the best man for the job.
Needless to say, transferable skills in MMOs are fast becoming a strong occurrence in the ever growing sea of titles being unleashed onto the market. However, the fundamentals of MMOs still apply, and ‘pillars’ remain a blueprint to any gaming aficionado.
So who IS the best man for the job? Is it the Tank? The Healer? Or the Damage Dealer?
Admittedly, there’s no right or wrong answer to this and so the question should perhaps be changed to “what’s your preferred pillar in-game?” In which case, the developers over at ChangYou.com, one of China’s leading MMO publishers, have been kind enough to enlighten the situation for current and forthcoming players of their leading martial arts based MMO title, TLBB.
Widely recognised as ‘the most powerful martial arts experience of your MMO life’, the game incorporates a wide range of classes that can be chosen after reaching Level 10 and, with many fully fledged players turning to this leading martial arts phenomenon, ChangYou.com (EU) has provided a chart to guide you through the class ‘pillars’.
Please see tables below for more details:
ChangYou.com (EU) has also kindly provided information for players regarding which classes have adopted which ‘buffs’ - be it defensive, offensive, or both!
Please see guide below:
Assassin – defensive buffs
- Demon Skin: Increase Ice defence
- Mass Invisibility: Make all team members (within range) invisible
Beggars Alliance – offensive buffs
- Profound Friendship: Increase Agility
- Mass Dodge: Increase Reflex
Lotus Order – defence buff
- Cleric's willpower: Increase Willpower
Minstrel – defence/ offence buff
- Fire Storm: Increase Fire defence
- Shield of Clouds: Increase Crit chance
Pyromancer – offence buffs
- Supreme Strength: Increase Strength
- Light of Faith: Increase Physical attack of team members within range
Royalty – defence/ offence buff
- Guardian's Ward: Increase Lightning defence
- Field Promotion: Increase Hit rate of team members
Shaolin – defensive buffs
- Blessing Buddha: Increase Stamina
- Spirit Shield: Increase Physical defence of all team members within range
Taoist – stat buff
- Magical Spirit: Increase Intellect
Voodoo – defensive buffs
- Great Fortitude: Increase Poison resistance
- Mark of the Wild: Increase Spirit defence of team members, requires more than 1 Voodoo in the team
For a more in-depth look of the defensive and offensive skills each class possesses, please visit the TLBB forum here – http://tlbb.eu.changyou.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2562
TLBB (or Tian Long Ba Bu) currently holds one of the top 5 ranking positions in China with an incredible PCU figure to rival any of those from the current western market. The game has rocketed to European success with an increasing day-by-day following on both social networks (such as Facebook & Twitter) and the current ‘Dragon Server’, which has welcomed visitors from over 200 countries worldwide.
For more information about the game, please visit the official website http://tlbb.eu.changyou.com