09, June 2008 – Leading video game developer and publisher, Fireglow Games™, announce a new batch screenshots showing four super-heavy tanks from the World War II from the Sudden Strike 3 Arms for Victory Free Addon.
While looking for information on military equipment used during World War II, our game-designers found plans of titanic tank. For example, Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus was a German super-heavy tank with about 188 tons weight and steel armour ranging from 60 to 240 mm.
The Maus and other super-heavy tanks and SPGs did not have a chance to show themselves on the battlefield during warfare. To avoid historical collisions we have not added them to any of our maps. But we decided to give players a chance to experiment with those monsters by adding them to world editor. There, by creating your own missions, you will be able to answer the question whether those tanks could change the way of the war, if they were on the battlefield.
Screenshots of super-heavy tanks available here:
About Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory:
Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory is the latest instalment in the award-winning, critically acclaimed and hugely popular Sudden Strike series. It features historically authentic models built to scale, fully interactive giant maps and full 3-D state-of-the-art graphics in the popular Sudden Strike style. Only Sudden Strike plays like the 'real thing'. WW2 gaming at its best: on land, at sea and in the air!
• Fully interactive landscape (all objects can be destroyed, all buildings and pillboxes can be used as shelter)
• Massive operations on big maps, strategic scale of the maps (front line can be a few kilometres long)
• Thousands of units fighting in real time
• More than 300 tanks, ships, soldiers, guns and planes with original weapons built to scale
• Great sounds, 5.1 supported, nations speak native languages
• New feature - advanced Micro AI-behaviour allows your troops to act exactly as you plan
• Joint naval and ground operations, air raids, artillery strikes etc.
• State-of-the-art technology to render 3D landscape, realistic lines of sight and fire
• Spectacular visual & lighting effects
• Multiplayer mode: up to 8 players, GameSpy® supported
• Five campaigns playable for American, British, German, Japanese and Soviet sides
About Fireglow Games
Fireglow Games® Publishing focuses on the marketing and promotion of first and third-party products, with the goal of North American and Western European market penetration through publishing and distribution agreements.
Fireglow Studios has developed the Sudden Strike series: Sudden Strike, Sudden Strike Forever, Sudden Strike II, Sudden Strike – Resource War, Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory . ( http://www.suddenstrike.com ), and Stranger ( http://www.strangergame.com – an independent RTS/RPG brand).
Fireglow subsidiary studio, Fireglow Casual Studio, founded in 2006, has developed the following titles:
- Pirates Revenge (2007)
- Plumeboom:The First Chapter (2007)
- The Golden Path of Plumeboom (2007)
- A-B-O-O:Plumeboom's Friends (2008)
( http://www.plumeboom.com - a casual games brand).
For more information about Fireglow, visit http://www.fireglowgames.com
For additional information, please contact: