SAN MATEO, CA — February 17, 2009 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Street Fighter® IV has shipped to retail for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The long-awaited Street Fighter IV is posed to redefine the fighting game genre with a return to the classic 2D Street Fighter fighting action mixed with new characters, high definition 3D visuals, and next-generation fluid gameplay.
“Few videogame series have had such a strong impact on their perspective genres the way Street Fighter® has over the decades. Creating a global legacy spanning over twenty years of fighting games, the Street Fighter series has become a pillar in the fighting game genre,” said Grant Luke, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Capcom. “Street Fighter IV takes what the fans loved and brings it to a whole new level in next generation fighting, continuing a tradition of excellence.”
Street Fighter IV features a mix of returning favorites such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile along with new characters created exclusively for this game such as Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in high definition 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Six-button controls for the game return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the input system. Street Fighter IV also incorporates state of the art online match making and worldwide online gameplay. Mixing classic genre-defining game mechanics the franchise is known and loved for with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over. With the inclusion of Capcom's latest advancements in new generation technology, Street Fighter IV promises to deliver an extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honored art of virtual martial arts.
For more information, visit http://www.streetfighter.com. For the latest assets, sign up to receive the latest in Street Fighter IV screens, video and information. Street Fighter IV is rated by the ESRB as Teen and is available now on store shelves in North America for $59.99 for the Standard Edition and $79.99 for Collectors Edition.
• Classic 2D Street Fighter gameplay with stunning high definition 3D characters and environments
• New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan's wildest imagination, including Focus attacks, Super Combos, and the revenged-fueled Ultra Combo system.
• Classic Street Fighter characters recreated for a new generation of gamers, including the original cast of Street Fighter® II
• New brawlers: female super-spy Crimson Viper, lucha libre wrestler El Fuerte, mixed martial artist Abel and more!
• New gameplay elements provide new challenges for both newcomers and the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
• Online gameplay features, including instantaneous online challenges, versus mode, tournament mode, and world wide online gameplay.