Square Enix Collective returns to EGX Rezzed on 30th March with its largest ever event line-up. Continuing the success of 2016 - which saw the Collective entertaining press and players at EGX Rezzed, E3, San Diego Comic-Con, Gamescom and EGX - this spring's booth will showcase seven highly diverse playable games, as well as one of the winners of last year's IndieDB Awards.
2016 was Square Enix Collective's breakthrough year, supporting several more successful Kickstarter campaigns and signing a range of new independent games to the platform, including Forgotton Anne - a worldwide exclusive reveal at EGX last year. Additionally, Collective published its first games in the form of highly-respected point-and-click Goetia and the hugely successful first-person puzzler The Turing Test.
Meanwhile, 2017 will see seven new games released, all of which will be playable this EGX Rezzed at the Square Enix Collective booth:
- Black the Fall - Highly atmospheric Communist dystopian puzzle sidescroller
- Oh My Godheads - Hilarious and hectic capture-the-head couch multiplayer
- Deadbeat Heroes - Movement-based 3D brawling crime caper
- Children of Zodiarcs - Deck & dice story-driven, single-player tactical RPG
- Forgotton Anne - 2D cinematic hand-animated adventure
- Tokyo Dark - Point-and-click detective mystery adventure
- Fear Effect Sedna - Pausable real-time tactical action game
Additionally, Collective is delighted to provide show space for Slime Rancher, a colourful open world, first-person life sim. Although Slime Rancher isn't signed to the Square Enix Collective label, it was selected to be featured at Rezzed as part of Collective's sponsorship of the IndieDB Awards in December 2016.
"We have a fantastic line-up of games to bring to EGX Rezzed, including three that will enjoy their first public hands-on", said Phil Elliott, Director of Community & Indie Development at Square Enix London. "Square Enix Collective exists to champion the indie development community and as such we're really looking forward to introducing gamers to a variety of great titles across a range of genres."
All seven Collective games, plus Slime Rancher, will be playable throughout EGX Rezzed at the Square Enix Collective booth, in the main upstairs area of the show.