SAN DIEGO, Calif. - September 15, 2005 - Untold LegendsTM: The Warrior's CodeTM is the next game in the Untold Legends series following the top-selling Brotherhood of the Blade, which was launched earlier this year by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE). The Warrior's Code is an entirely new role-playing game (RPG), as compared to its predecessor, with an evolutionary interactive combat engine, new 3D enhanced graphics, special effects and lighting. The Warrior's Code is scheduled for a first quarter 2006 launch.
"The look and play of The Warrior's Code has been designed, upgraded and completely enhanced for its debut as a sequel, making this a must-have for action-RPG fans and new PSPTM system owners," said Rob Hill, producer of The Warrior's Code. "Players will be challenged by the intense combat and rapid hack-n-slash action."
In addition, The Warrior's Code features two online multiplayer options. The cooperative option features story driven co-op play for up to two players which seamlessly integrates with the single player game. The player vs. player option offers combat focused battles for up to four players. Both options feature a macro-chat communication, online lobby and matchmaking system.
"Given the success and broad appeal of the original game, The Warrior's Code will build upon this heritage as we strive to deliver games that appeal to both our core audience as well as new fans of the action-RPG genre," said Chris Sturr, Sr. brand manager for SOE. "To date, Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade is a run-away hit and third best-selling PSPTM system game ever*."
In The Warrior's Code, the realm is one of chaos and oppression as a powerful warlord's horrific minions continue to slaughter and enslave the people. When members of a secret shape-shifting race begin to disappear, suspicions of an insidious plot to exterminate them lead many of its members to flee into the wilderness for survival. While struggling to escape capture and death, some of the shape-shifting refugees stumble upon a carefully guarded secret that rekindles hope for freedom and peace in the realm.
As one of five shape-changing characters, players will challenge their skills through an epic storyline consisting of five exciting chapters with dramatic in-game cinematics, voiceovers and an upgraded Quest Journal. In addition, there are more than 45 areas featuring interactive objects, devious traps, destructible walls and ambient creatures.
Key features in The Warrior's Code include:
- Evolutionary Combat Engine - Experience all-new action-RPG combat through an upgraded combat engine featuring a wider variety of combat moves and special abilities, dynamic attacks of opportunity, and all the intensity of fast hack-n-slash action.
- Epic Storyline - Play through five exciting chapters with dramatic in-game cinematics and voiceovers.
- Enhanced 3D Game Engine - Featuring enhanced Graphics, Special Effects, and Lighting with streaming music.
- All-New Online Multiplayer Mode - Featuring story-driven two player co-op play seamlessly integrated with the single player game or combat focused player vs. player battles for up to four players.
- All New Macro-Chat Communication System
- All New Online Lobby and Matchmaking System
- New Playable Characters - Five shape-changing player character types featuring enhanced customization and a wider variety of enhanced animations.
- Enhanced Quest System - Challenge yourself with a wider variety of quest types and upgraded Quest Journal.
- New Hand-Crafted Environments - Explore more than 45 all-new areas featuring dynamic events and a wider array of interactive objects, devious traps, destructible walls, and ambient creatures.
- Unique Monsters - Battle and employ different combat strategies against more than 40 unique monsters with improved Artificial Intelligence.
- Massive Boss Battles - Experience 12 massive boss battles featuring interactive lairs and unique new gameplay challenges.
- All-New User Interface - A completely new User Interface includes multiple control schemes, enhanced mini-map and world map with fog of war and streamlined inventory, skill system, and quick menu options.
- Enhanced Item System - Collect and utilize a wider variety of items and enhancements and store in an all new item stash.
The Warrior's Code is being developed and published by SOE and The Warrior's Code is slated for release in the first quarter of 2006. For more information please visit www.untoldlegends.com
*Source: Based on the total franchise sales on the PSPTM system through August 2005, according to the NPD Group
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Digital Inc., is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, Untold LegendsTM, and PlanetSide®, as well as for developing Star Wars GalaxiesTM: An Empire DividedTM, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, and Taiwan, SOE has an array of cutting-edge online games in development.
SOE and the SOE logo are registered trademarks and Untold Legends, Brotherhood of the Blade and The Warrior's Code are trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment