12th June ‘08
SNK PLAYMORE and Ignition Entertainment are pleased to announce the upcoming release of SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 for PlayStation®2, PlayStation®Portable and Wii™.
Taking 16 of SNKs most beloved titles, this pack includes:
- ART OF FIGHTING – The first fighting game to introduce the then new Spirit Gauge, Super Special Moves, use of the ‘zoom in/zoom out’ function and battle damage to the characters faces.
- BASEBALL STARS 2 – The sequel to the very popular Baseball arcade game.
- BURNING FIGHT – Battle organised crime in the streets of New York in the side-scrolling fighter.
- FATAL FURY – The first of SNK’s fighting franchises to use the NEOGEO MVS System.
- KING OF THE FIGHTERS ’94 – This is where the KOF phenomenon began.
- KING OF THE MONSTERS – Giant monsters, Destruction and mayhem in Japan.
- LAST RESORT – Take on hordes of enemies in the popular futuristic shooter.
- MAGICIAN LORD – SNK’s classic platformer, pits you as the heroic wizard Elta.
- METAL SLUG - this series has long been regarded as the bench mark of side-scrolling purity, now see why!
- NEO TURF MASTERS – Can you get a hole in one?
- SAMURAI SHODOWN – The first title in SNK’s hugely popular weapons based fighter.
- SENGOKU – Fight the undead, in feudal Japan.
- SHOCK TROOPERS – Fast paced action and lots and lots of bullets in this run and gun adventure.
- SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 – We all love football – so does SNK!
- TOP HUNTER – In this futuristic platformer, you play as Roddy or Cathy, as you protect the Colonists from the threat of the Space Pirates.
- WORLD HEROES – Take on the greatest fighters throughout time in this popular fighter.
‘In the Arcade, the addictive quality of these games ensured that the money in your pocket didn’t last long’, says Peter Rollinson, Product Manager, Ignition Entertainment. ‘Now the only difficulty is deciding which game to play first’.
For further information please visit: www.ignitionent.com/snkclassics
SNK Arcade Classics Vol.1 will be available Autumn ‘08 for the PlayStation®2 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system. The Wii™ version to follow.
For more information, please contact:
Peter Rollinson or Derek Reeve, Ignition Entertainment
01992 70 39 70 – 01795 435042
About IGNITION ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED
Ignition Entertainment Limited is a privately owned software developer and publisher. Ignition was created by a core team of gaming industry veterans with the purpose of building upon their successful track record within the international games industry, and to bring a fresh new approach to both the development and distribution of original gaming product. You can find more information about IGNITION ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED at http://www.ignitionent.com
ABOUT UTV SOFTWARE
UTV Software Communications Ltd. is India’s foremost Media & Entertainment Company with leadership position in 4 Verticals that includes Motion Pictures, Broadcasting, TV Content and Interactive (i.e. Animation and Gaming). Listed on the Mumbai Stock Exchange & the Motion Pictures business listed on the AIM, London Stock Exchange. Walt Disney Inc holds a strategic stake in UTV. It has subsidiaries with offices across India, the UK and USA. More information on the group is available at www.utvnet.com
About SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION
Over the past 15 years, SNK has published classic arcade titles such as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, BASEBALL STARS, METAL SLUG, SAMURAI SHODOWN, and FATAL FURY on a wide variety of home gaming and handhelds systems.
Utilizing the technology and know-how that has been cultured by the development of more than 100 games, we're continuously challenging a development of new games on a wide variety of home gaming, handhelds and also mobile systems.
You can find more information about SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION and SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION at: http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/ , http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com/
© SNK PLAYMORE
"SNK", "ART OF FIGHTING", "FATAL FURY", "THE KING OF FIGHTERS", "METAL SLUG" and "SAMURAI SHODOWN" are registered trademarks of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. “PSP” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
NINTENDO, Wii AND THE Wii LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS OF NINTENDO.