BERLIN - July 22, 2009 - Frogster today announced that fans of Runes of Magic in Belgium and The Netherlands can play the popular online role-playing game on a dedicated Dutch server now. The server ‘Isiltir’ – the Gaelic word for The Netherlands – is ready to host the Dutch speaking community. The game version is the same as in the rest of Europe and the USA. There are additional servers on hand should Frogster need to add more hardware to handle the community.
The official website and a Dutch language forum are also launching in conjunction with the server. Frogster will make a decision on the localisation of Runes of Magic into Dutch by the end of the year. The Dutch version of the official website can be found at: www.runesofmagic.com/nl.
Runes of Magic – a world full of wizardry and adventure
The German and English versions of Runes of Magic were released on March 19th, 2009. Anyone can download the online role-playing game for free at: www.runesofmagic.com and can plunge into the game world after a short registration process.
With an extensive range of features, and more than 1.5 Million registered players in North America and Europe, Runes of Magic is redefining the standard for free-to-play titles. Runes of Magic features an absorbing story through more than 1,600 quests, in a vibrant fantasy world. Players can choose from six main classes, combined with a secondary class, presenting 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more.
A particularly attractive feature is the ability for players and guilds to arrange and furnish their virtual homes. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, exciting PvP, and demanding dungeons and boss monsters, there is something for everyone.
Taiwanese developer Runewaker developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards over three years. The studio is providing new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates. You can find more information, pictures, videos, and the game available for free download via the official website: www.runesofmagic.com.
• Free-to-play: no monthly fees, free download
• Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
• Versatile spell and attack combinations
• Enthralling background story
• More than 1,600 quests and quest series
• No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
• Dungeons: Instanced, tile based, and persistent
• Individually developable skills and spells
• Armor sets with special bonuses
• Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
• Optional PvP system with arena battles
• Ranking system with player-ranking lists
• Multitude of unique mounts
• Epic crafting system with the ability to improve existing items
• Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
• Reputation system
• Customizable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
• Map and radar system to easily find dealers, resources and quests
• In-game auction houses for trading items
• Teleport-Runes for instant travel
• Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
• Regular updates with new content
• Guild castles in special zones
• Cross-server fights in three-server-battle and guild wars in development
Title: Runes of Magic
Genre: Fantasy MMORPG Platform: Windows PC
Publisher: Frogster Online Gaming (Europe);
Frogster America, Inc. (North America) Developer: Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Release: March 19, 2009 PEGI: 12+
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic. Webpage: http://www.runewaker.com/
About Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
As a holding with different shares in the computer games industry, the listed Frogster Interactive Pictures AG based in Berlin is focusing on the growth sector of massively multiplayer online games. The company licenses, markets and operates different online games in the German speaking market and internationally. Its Korean joint venture Frogster Asia Co., Ltd. based in Seoul develops MMO Games and markets their own as well as licensed virtual worlds in Asia. Frogster America Inc. based in San Francisco, USA, markets and operates MMO Games in North America since January 2009. At their offices in Berlin, Seoul and San Francisco, the Frogster group employs more than 100 staff members in the fields of development, marketing, PR, web design, community management, customer support, hosting, billing and administration. Internet: www.frogster-interactive.de
Germany and UK
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
T +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -39
F +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -11
Frogster America, Inc.
+1 415 299-2156