Online third-person shooter promising hard-core action and gigantic boss monsters.
Title: Project E
Genre: Next-generation Online 3rd person view Shooting
Engine: Jupiter EX
Publisher: Not determined
Service schedule: Close-beta test in 2009
The time human beings started to challenge gods with their technology is very recent when compared with the history of earth. Humans had a desire towards authority and power since their beginning, and technology made them evolve too fast. But the humans' technology filled with curiosity led themselves into destruction.
Humans wanted to see and get as many things as possible while they are alive, hence they started SETI (search for extraterrestrial intelligence), a plan for finding forms of life located in the space. This plan started from USA and lasted for couple of decades in most of nations, and private organizations supported the plan with more initiative than government. With truth still unrevealed, there only remains a record that many secret organizations led the plan.
In winter of 2018, when SETI project was proceeding, a unique signal was caught by astronomical communication equipment that was supported by an organization in California. The year after this event, aliens from outer space that can take over other organisms appear in the Earth, and their creation and the humans begin the war.
* Pioneering of new genre
- Online TPS(Third Person Shooting) + RPG(Roll Playing Game)
- Planning to put the strengths of RPG and online/console FPS into a new genre
- RPG characteristic will be combined with hardcore TPS genre, which will enable users to grow characters and collect items.Middle-core users are the main target - Current game market separates users into light and heavy users, but Project E will aim for 'middle-core' users, which can unite both types of users.
- Scenario missions will attract manias who want console and single play, growth and item farming system will give interest to hardcore MMORPG users, and PVP and clan war system will satisfy the light users who play shortly.
Special FeaturesScenario Mission play (Co-op Play) Project E is willing to enable users to enjoy the scenario mission co-op, which was only available in console games before, in a perfect online environment with up to 8 players. Users will be able to experience satisfaction, deep emotion, and growth of characters through various scenario missions.
Project E is the first of the FPS/TPS online games to provide missions based on scenarios. This feature is one of the key concepts in console genre, proved by the fact that most of the masterpieces, such as Halo3, Resistance2, Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Biohazard 5.Hardcore Action system In Project E, users can enjoy cool and fancy actions from other action games, such as backstab and confirmation killing. The game is full of splendid and cruel actions: backstab can let users to approach enemies from the back and kill at once, and confirmation killing allows them to kill weak enemies without failing. Fast and diverse PVP (maximum of 16 users) The PVP of Project E has a structure that will allow various modes, including short and instant matches which previous online FPS games such as Sudden attack have. Unique and Gigantic boss monsters There are boss monsters in co-op mode of Project E. Unlike the boss monsters of other games that are easily hunted down, the boss monsters of Project E are extremely difficult. The entire squad members will have to maximize their efforts and put them together, otherwise the result will be tragic. However, boss monsters, as their difficulty implies, guarantee the best rewards, so it will be one of the ultimate goals of the game play for users, and users will feel the sensation of accomplishment once they succeed. Character Growth Project E is a TPS game, yet users can make and level up their characters. The users can acquire experience points and items through missions, and learn skills to make characters even stronger. Also, collecting, strengthening and creating items will be another form of interest, which will ultimately lead users to have a unique character of their own. Straight, Easy separation of army branches Project E has 5 army branches, each with unique characteristics. The game guides users to play strategically by separating the roles simple and straight.
- Assaulter: Uses shotgun for most of the time, and has skill that can temporally increase defense ability.
- Heavy Artillery: Defensive type that defends important points or corner enemies with
- Gatling gun and machine installations
- Operator: Can support by firing grenade launcher and use psychometric abilities.
- Combatant: Easiest to play, has average ability in general, hybrid type.
- Sniper: Has the best sniping ability, and can make enemies into unStrengthened squad command system Project E provides a much more advanced command system than other previous games, because many users take missions together. The command system features separation of squads into different groups and target destination point on the minimap, which allows even the beginners to accomplish missions as a team if they follow the squad leaders' instructions.