Göteborg, Sweden - November 6, 2009 - First Planet Company, developer and publisher of the largest real cash economy MMORPG, announced today that version 10.2 is available for download. Planet Calypso is free to download and can now be played with no initial investment of money from the player.
The biggest news is the return of being able to collect "Vibrant Sweat". Vibrant sweat, life force - it has many names, this substance that is so unique to Calypso is able to be collected by colonists and sold to others. They can then use it for the production of mind essence, an essential ingredient in utilizing the colonists' latent psychic powers. Every colonist will find a brand new, free VSE Mk 1 Extractor Tool in their inventory when they log in. Due to its recent scarcity, the demand for Vibrant Sweat is currently high, so if there's one time to hurry and earn PED's it's now.
Version 10.2 includes the following:
• Teaming is back: Players can go hunting with their friends and share both the fun and the loot with them.
• Vibrant Sweat Collection is back: The VSE Mk 1 is free for everyone and does not decay. This allows players to jump into the game without puting in any money at all.
• Mouse-only navigation: Want to go there? Just double-click there. We have not turned off the old FPS style - aim and shoot is still there, but now there are more options.
• Auto navigation: This includes following another avatar, run to creature and shoot when within range, and run to creature and loot when in range.
• Mouse buttons can be mapped: Actions can now be assigned to mouse buttons 3-8, using the Keyboard Map GUI. The mouse button map is to the right just below the Keyboard Map GUI.
• Live audio streaming is back on Club Neverdie:Bop till you drop!
• Optimized GUI performance
• Adjusted icons for several items
• Adjusted several action book icons
• Fixed issues with Action Book and Blueprint Book GUIs
• Actions Target Body, Target Face, Target Eyes and Target Mouth were removed pending the return of the Beauty system as they did nothing
• Scrollbar should no longer be visible when a full Private Chat is minimized
• Private Chat, Team Invite, Society Invite and Add as Friend are no longer subject to range
• Chat window and text input fields now support copy/paste
• Selected text should be easier to see
• You should now be able to select the status bar when the player is out of range
• Fixed issue with dragging the status bar
• Fixed issue with land area message GUI
• Keymapping actions is now triggered on key release rather than key press
• Fixed issues with the scroll bar on the location list in the Map UI
• You should now be able to see all pages on the tab Won auctions when there are more than one page
• Double-click on a selected item in Auction now works
Ad System Issues
• Fixed issue when starting a preview of an ad before the previous preview had ended
• Fixed issue with not being able to create more than 5 sequences
Terrain and Location Issues
• Landed some flying buildings in Minopolis
• Fixed some terrain issues
• The Billgren wallpaper in Billton Towers 1 and 4 is back
• An extra shot effect is no longer played when switching from FAP to weapon
• Inventory should be updated when equipping a personal avatar
• Markup graph of attachment now shows the graph of the attachment when equipped to an item, rather than the graph of the item
• Fixed issue with Fast Aid Packs losing animations and effects after successive rapid uses
• Improved stability
• Auto loot range decreased to previous range, and auto navigation is used instead
First Planet Company is the developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the largest real cash economy MMORPG in the world. It is also the first MMO to use CryTek's stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Six years after the initial launch as Project Entropia, the game is now called "Planet Calypso" and its real cash economy, using a fixed exchange rate of 10:1 between its PED currency and the USD, is still the mainstay of this MMORPG. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual economy with real prospects.
Planet Calypso is a free download available at the game's official website. For more information, or to download the game, please feel free to go to our new website at www.planetcalypso.com.
About First Planet Company
First Planet Company AB is a subsidiary of the MindArk Group. First Planet Company AB develops and markets Planet Calypso, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Entropia Platform, and is part of the Entropia Universe. Set in a distant future, the planet Calypso is home to an expanding human colony struggling with the natural and economic elements involved in establishing their new civilization.
For more information on First Planet Company (FPC) and Planet Calypso please contact us at the numbers above or go to our website at http://www.planetcalypso.com
Press Contacts: Frank Campbell David Tractenberg
+46 31 607 362 (310) 453-2050