Konami's latest Pro Evolution Soccer has hit the number one spot in Japan, with the PlayStation 3 version of the game selling 218,000 copies on its opening week, according to data from Media Create.
The title, known as World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 in Japan, hit the top of the charts as last week's best-seller, Bayonetta, slipped to number eight.
The only other two new entries in the top ten were Namco Bandai's Summon Night X: Tears Crown, which sold 24,000 copies, and Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, selling 21,000 units.
- 01 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami): 218,000
- 02 Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (Nintendo): 73,000
- 03 Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo): 70,000
- 04 Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (Nintendo): 63,000
- 05 Persona 3 Portable (Atlus): 46,000
- 06 Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire/Blizzard (Level 5): 42,000
- 07 Final Fantasy Gaiden: 4 Warriors of Light (Square Enix): 35,000
- 08 Bayonetta (SEGA): 29,000
- 09 Summon Night X: Tears Crown (Namco Bandai): 24,000
- 10 Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo): 21,000