Namco Bandai's Most Renowned Ninja Returns To The PlayStation(R)2 In Naruto(TM): Uzumaki Chronicles(TM) 2
Become a Valiant Hero in This Fierce and Addicting Sequel
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SANTA CLARA, Calif., (April 18, 2007) - The battle continues as leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that its popular ninja combat franchise will return to the PlayStation ® 2 computer entertainment system in NARUTO TM : Uzumaki Chronicles TM 2. Boasting an exciting new storyline, multi-player battles, and an additional array of playable characters, NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 follows the success of its prequel to deliver an original adventure with intense combat. Based on the hit animated TV series SHONEN JUMP TM NARUTO TM , from VIZ Media, players can expect fierce ninjutsu action with challenging missions set in a picturesque anime-style 3D world. NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 is set to be released in late-summer 2007.
"In response to the overwhelming success, we felt compelled to give fans a superior sequel to NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles by digging deeper into the series; allowing gamers to become further engulfed into the ninja lifestyle," said Makoto Iwai, Executive Vice President and COO at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc, "NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 will deliver the excitement of ninja combat on a massive scale while remaining true to the unique franchise."
A brand new tale arrives as Naruto faces different challenges to defend the Hidden Leaf Village and surrounding villages from the evil force trying to dominate it. An ancient organization, which was thought to have been disbanded, is alive and in search of orbs to resurrect a mechanical terror. It's now up to Naruto and all of the Hidden Leaf Genin to join forces with those of the Hidden Sand Village to stop this menace.
NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 far exceeds its predecessor with features including:
- New Original Adventure - Explore the Naruto world with a brand new story line that can only be experienced through NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2
- Multiplayer Co-op and Vs Battles - During the game, a second player is able to join in on the action for a simultaneous two-player adventure! Or, fight head-to-head with a friend and battle it out for the title of Hokage.
- Multiple Modes of Play - Additional gameplay modes further enhance the Naruto experience:
- Story Mode - Play alone or with a friend and traverse a lush, 3-D anime-style world in which Naruto and his friends work together to unravel the mystery of the Shirogane Clan and their nefarious army of "puppet walkers." Hone your skills to become the ultimate warrior and unlock a secret chapter of the story.
- Mission Mode - Take on a series of challenging side missions.
- Survival Mode - Test your skills to become the ultimate warrior and unlock a secret mission.
- Multiple Playable Characters - Choose your favorite ninja, including Naruto, Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Kakashi, Guy, Sasuke, or Choji, to complete story-driven missions and intense challenges.
- Character Customization - Prove yourself in battle and earn money to create the ultimate warrior using Chips and Plates that can customize your character's speed, strength, stamina and even special moves.
- Lethal Attacks and Weapons - Harness the power of Rasengan, Lightning Blade, Sand Coffin, and other moves, straight from the series!
For more information on NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 please visit: http://www.namcobandaigames.com
About VIZ Media, LLC
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), is one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. Owned by three of Japan's largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shueisha Inc., Shogakukan Inc., and Shogakukan Production Co., Ltd. (ShoPro Japan), VIZ Media is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America and a global licensor of Japanese animation. The company offers an integrated product line including, magazines such as SHONEN JUMP and SHOJO BEAT, graphic novels, videos, DVDs, audio soundtracks and develops and markets animated entertainment from initial production, television placement and distribution, to merchandise licensing and promotions for audiences and consumers of all ages. Contact VIZ Media at 295 Bay Street, San Francisco, CA 94133; Phone (415) 546-7073; Fax (415) 546-7086; and web site at www.VIZ.com.
About NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment software publisher and developer based in Santa Clara, CA. The company is a part of the NAMCO BANDAI group of companies known for creating and publishing many of the industry's top video game franchises including the PAC-MAN ® , SOULCALIBUR ® , Naruto TM and Tekken ® brands. For more information about NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., and our products log onto www.namcobandaigames.com.
NARUTO ® 2002 MASASHI KISHIMOTO Program ® 2007 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. Uzumaki Chronicles is a trademark of NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. NAMCO BANDAI Games logo is a trademark of NAMCO BANDAI. Published and distributed by NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
Press Release ® 2007 NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
Namco Bandai Games America