NAMCO BANDAI Games today released new assets and gameplay details on the online modes featured in its upcoming flight action game for the Xbox 360, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. From heated winner-takes-all dogfights to strategic objective-based missions with full leaderboard and stat-tracking functionality, the game lets up to 16 players test their cockpit skills against other gamers from around the world in four unique modes of play via the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network.
Ace Combat 6 features the following online multiplayer modes:
- Battle Royale: Dodge missiles, blast your opponents and hit the throttle in this frenetic free-for-all battle! Up to 16 players can participate in Battle Royale mode, with the pilot with the highest score at the end of play taking first place.
- Team Battle: Put your teamwork to the test as you try to out-maneuver and out-shoot opposing squadrons controlled by other players. Choose from the game's variety of authentic licensed aircraft to choose the perfect combination of speed, durability, and firepower for your team. Up to 16 players total can play as up to two different squadrons to see who rules the skies in this test of aerial tactics.
- Siege Battle: Two teams of up to four players each take turns assaulting and defending a variety of land, sea, and air-based targets in this original online mode. The team that is able to divide and conquer, clearing the targets in the shortest amount of time, will become the winner.
- Co-op Battle: Up to four players can compete against computer-controlled enemies in a selection of cooperative missions. Use teamwork, superior firepower, and your ferocious fighting sprit to dominate the skies and complete the mission as quickly as possible.
By taking down enemies and completing objectives online in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, players will accumulate online points. As they get more points and climb up the game's online leaderboards, players will earn unique titles that signify their prowess with the game, with the top 100 ranked players acquiring one-of-a-kind titles to honor their incredible online achievements.
In addition to online play, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation supports a wide variety of downloadable content that lets players customize their play experience and enjoy the game long after they have completed the title's single player story mode.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation supports the following downloadable content:
- New Color Schemes: From authentic military designs to fun and original patterns, players will be able to customize their plane with a wide variety of downloadable color schemes that can be used across the game's single-player and multiplayer modes. Some color schemes include special aircraft parameters for that extra edge. These color schemes can be used to strike fear into opponents or coordinate with other players in online squadrons.
- Super-High Difficulty Missions: Gamers that have mastered every aspect of the game will be able to download all-new missions that are extremely difficult and feature new enemy types that aren't found anywhere else in the game. The pilot that can complete these missions is truly an Ace among Aces!
- Additional Multiplayer Stages: Players can download new Vs. and cooperative multiplayer stages that require all-new strategies for success. No matter if players like to play competitively or as a team against the computer, these new stages will provide hours of online enjoyment.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation for the Xbox 360 will ship to retail stores nationwide on October 23.
For more information on the game, please visit: http://acecombat6.namcobandaigames.com
NAMCO BANDAI Games America