Activision's behemoth shooter title Modern Warfare 2 has held on to the top position in the UK all-formats chart, according to the latest information from GfK Chart-Track.
Following the game's hugely successful launch week, sales of the title dropped 86 per cent but it was still enough to hold off competition from new entries Assassin's Creed II and New Super Mario Bros which entered at second and third respectively.
The Assassin's Creed sequel sold has outperformed the original game with a 12 per cent rise in first week unit sales. Meanwhile, Nintendo not only took third place, but also fourth and fifth placings for Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus, the former of which saw sales drop 10 per cent while the latter's increased 10 per cent.
FIFA 10 fell three places to sixth while Valve's Left 4 Dead 2 debuted in seventh, ahead of Mario & Sonic, Forza 3 and LEGO Batman. Its stablemate, LEGO Indiana Jones 2 entered the chart in 16th as Codemasters title F1 2009 just missed out on a top ten place in eleventh.
Other new entries to the top 40 were The Sims 3's first expansion pack World Adventures at number 36, and LittleBigPlanet, recently released onto PSP, at number 38.
The full top ten list is as follows:
- 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
- 2. Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
- 3. New Super Mario Bros (Nintendo)
- 4. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
- 5. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
- 6. FIFA 10 (EA)
- 7. Left 4 Dead 2 (EA)
- 8. Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (SEGA)
- 9. Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft)
- 10. LEGO Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros)