Matrix Games Signs Wintervalley Software’s Maximum-Football
Incredibly Flexible Football Game to Expand Matrix’s Strategy Lineup
For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, Dec 15th, 2004 - Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) announced today that they have secured the rights to bring Maximum-Football (http://www.maximum-football.com) to the PC market.
Maximum-Football takes flexibility to a whole new level. By allowing the players to select and change nearly every option of play, from Canadian vs. Professional USA rules to setting your own playbook for each team, Maximum-Football is the PC football fan's dream come true. Play or coach your team to victory in a fully customizable league system, draft free agents, and create the ultimate football team.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, "We are proud to expand our line of games into a genre that has been silent on the PC market for far too long. For those of you who don't think football is a game of strategy, Maximum-Football will prove you wrong!"
Maximum-Football ships with full access to the database of players, plays, and more, allowing users to input their own information about any number of factors. This means an avid Maximum-Football fan could use these tools for everything from casual play to matches with Fantasy Football teams!
David A. Winter, Lead Developer at Wintervalley, said, "By working with Matrix Games we hope to bring, not only fans of football, but fans of strategy as well to our game. With their help we plan on building a strong community of a variety of people and begin revitalizing PC sports titles."
Other features from the game include:
- Player salary & basic contract information.
- 16 individual ratings over and above things like height, weight and age.
- Statistical categories for passing, rushing, receiving, special teams, defensive teams, etc...
- User definable league structures allow for unlimited numbers of teams in 1 to 4 conferences with 1 to 4 divisions per conference.
- Players can be created manually or automatically generated.
- A free agent draft system.
- Each team can have its own playbook.
- Create and edit formations & plays for offense, defense and special teams.
- Play routes are created via drawing command points and assigning scripted commands to each point. No longer are you restricted to selecting from half dozen hard coded routes.
- Newly created routes can be saved to templates for use in other plays.
- A quick preview mode allows you to watch player movement through the play.
- A full practice mode allows you to take to the practice field and run your plays with or without a defense.
- And MUCH more!
For more information, check the main Matrix Games page at www.matrixgames.com for future press releases and discussions.
ABOUT WINTERVALLEY SOFTWARE
Founded in 1990 as a side business, Wintervalley has grown to produce the first game for the Canadian Football League in 1999. Since then they have been tirelessly working on Maximum-Football which will be released early 2005. Wintervalley's founder, David A. Winter, is an ex-navy seaman in the Canadian Navy and believes that games should be creates for all types of gamers, rather than tailored to a select few. More information can be found at their website, http://www.maximum-football.com.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published several award-winning games, including Highway to the Reich, Starships Unlimited, Uncommon Valor and Korsun Pocket. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.