If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

Kutaragi launches new networking technology firm

PlayStation father announces start up internet business

Ken Kutaragi has set up a new business geared around networking technologies.

The SCE honorary chairman and PlayStation father set up the company Cyber AI Entertainment at the end of October, and is serving as president. He owns a 90 per cent stake of the company, which is capitalised at JPY 20 million (USD 222,000), with the remaining 10 per cent stake held by former Sony engineer Takashi Usuki, who is an acting board member.

"We'll initially focus on research and development relating to information processing, targeting cutting-edge networking operations," Kutaragi said, as reported by Nikkei.com.

However, with the spread of cloud computing, the exec is also said to be considering the development of an advanced platform for entertainment.

Topics in this article

Follow topics and we'll email you when we publish something new about them.  Manage your notification settings.


Kath Brice