The GamesIndustry.biz Investment Summit will be returning to this year's EGX event in Birmingham, giving attendees a unique opportunity to pitch directly to several of the industry's most influential and successful investors.
Taking place on September 24 at the Vox Conference Centre Resorts, adjacent to the EGX venue at the NEC on September 24, the Investment Summit will again be supported by Creative England, providing support, guidance and opportunities for small to medium game companies looking to take the next step in expanding their business.
Both public and private investors will be present at the event, will confirmed speakers including Nintendo of Europe, Channel 4's All 4 Games, Creative England itself and Chris Lee - one of the UK industry's most innovative figures and consistent investors, with a track record which includes Activision, Media Molecule, FreeStyleGames, Hutch, Delinquent and London's PlayHubs.
"The Gamesindustry.biz Investment Summit has always been a fantastic venue for developers to get the inside track on investment opportunities available specially for them", said Jaspal Sohal, Head of Games at Creative England. "Creative England has funded a number of companies in attendance during previous summits, so it's great that we're able to play a larger role in bringing the Investment Summit to Birmingham this year."
As well as speaker sessions and panels from investors and investment bodies, the event will offer the chance to pitch directly to attendees, both on an informal basis and in one to one direct meetings. Previous years' events have resulted in many beneficial and high-profile investment deals, both for attendees and their investment partners, including a £25,000 investment in Mad Fellows Games from Creative England last year.
More speakers will be announced as they are confirmed. A special Early Bird price of £69 (plus Eventbrite fee) - a huge £30 off the full price of £99 (plus Eventbrite fee) - is available until Friday, 31st July. Every ticket purchase for the GamesIndustry.biz Investment Summit includes:
- Four morning speaker sessions from major games industry spokespeople
- The Games Investment Panel featuring Chris Lee (Media Molecule co-founder and investor), Jas Sohal (Head of Games at Creative England) and more
- Introductory coffee/tea and a full networking lunch
- Full access to EGX, featuring all the latest & greatest games & developer sessions
- Exclusive access to the non-public EGX Press Area
- An application form for games companies to apply for formal pitch meetings with investors,which take place in private meeting rooms in the EGX Press Area from 1.30-6.00pm
EGX is the UK's largest video games consumer, trade and careers event and is run by GamesIndustry.biz parent company Gamer Network. It takes place at Birmingham's NEC from September 24-27.