Skip to main content
If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

Gameloft sales grow 8 per cent

Company expects growth with DSi, Google Android and PSN titles

Gameloft has announced that sales for the third quarter of 2008 have grown 8 per cent, up from EUR 24.4 million to EUR 26.2 million.

The company singled out formats from Apple, Nokia and Google for future growth, as well as titles in development for Nintendo's DS and Wii.

Mobile titles made up 98 per cent of sales for Gameloft in the third quarter, with the remaining 2 per cent from the company's XBLA, DS and WiiWare output.

41 per cent of sales came from Europe, with 31 per cent from the US and the rest of the world accounting for the remaining 28 per cent. iPhone content helped US performance grow by 18 per cent in the region.

"2008 is a turning point in the mobile gaming industry. The major innovations introduced by companies such as Apple, Nokia and Google have radically transformed and improved the gaming experience, consumption behaviours, as well as the industry's business model,” said the company.

"Thanks to its unique development capacity and quality of its development studios, Gameloft has been one of the rare players able to be systematically present with quality games at the release of all of the new platforms recently introduced on the market."

The company also anticipates growth via the PlayStation Network, Nintendo's DSi and Google's Android platform.

Read this next

Matt Martin avatar
Matt Martin: Matt Martin joined GamesIndustry in 2006 and was made editor of the site in 2008. With over ten years experience in journalism, he has written for multiple trade, consumer, contract and business-to-business publications in the games, retail and technology sectors.
Related topics