EGX 2021 is kicking off on Thursday and alongside it comes the Career Stage, hosted by Into Games and UKIE.
The stage is in the GamesIndustry.biz Academy section of EGX, and will offer talks and Q&As with games industry professionals with the aim to guide those hoping to make a career in games.
The Career Stage will feature speakers from companies such as Niantic, Mediatonic, and Frontier, covering a wide array of topics, including the importance of diversity and representation, how to figure out what game course is right for you, building confidence as a freelancer, and way more.
EGX 2021 runs from Thursday until Sunday, October 10, and you can see the full schedule for the Career Stage below:
Thursday, 7th October
- 12pm - Q&A - Mark Backler / Founder / Sketchbook Games
- 12.30pm - Talk / Seyed Nasrollahi / What does it take to start your own gaming company?
- 1pm - Q&A - Dave Scotford / Founder / Team Norse Thunder CIC
- 1.30pm - Talk - Michael Killick / Rizing Games UK - Careers, Games Design, Games Development in Education (College Level)
- 2pm - Q&A - LaurenMoses & Karla Reyes/ Community Manager / Code Coven / Product Manager / Niantic
- 2.30pm - Q&A - Kyra Chan / Chief of Staff / Netspeak Games
Friday, 8th October
- 12pm - Talk - Dan Dudley / Marketing, Community, PR, Events / Grads in Games/Game Dev Heroes - TBC
- 12.30pm - Q&A - Toby Sperring / UI Artist/Animator / Mediatonic
- 1pm - Talk - Chris Sayers / VFX Artist / Mediatonic - TBC
- 2pm - Talk - Nigel Twumasi / Co-Founder / Mayamada / GamePad - Creating Your Own Career In Video Games
- 2.30pm - Q&A - Jake Kulkowski / Head of Influencer Relations / Dead Good PR
Saturday, 9th October
- 12pm - Talk - Jonathon Wilson / Game/Level Designer / Freelance - TBC
- 12.30pm - Q&A - Edd Coates / Principal UI Artist / Double 11
- 1pm - Talk - Sergio Ronchetti-Carrete / Sound Designer - Fallen flag studio - Stop aspiring, start being: how to build self confidence as a freelancer
- 1.30pm - Q&A - Joseph Hobbs / Senior 3D Artist / Frontier Developments
- 2pm - Talk - Thom Kaczmarek / LCC Lecturer - Art, design, development - what game course is right for you?
- 2.30pm - Q&A - Christina Harper / Associate External Producer / Tt Games
Sunday, 10th October
- 12pm: Talk - Dean Abdou / Presenter & Journalist / GAMINGbible / The Importance of Diversity and Representation in the Games Industry
- 12.30pm: Q&A - Joel Herber / Lead Programmer / Land & Sea Games
- 1pm: Talk - Joanna Haslam / Design Director / Snap Finger Click - I'm a game designer... How the hell did that happen?!
- 1.30pm: Q&A - Flo Burchill / Production Assistant & Host / Snap Finger Click
- 2pm: Talk - David Barrie & Irina Agafonova - Founders / Game Academy - How Videogames Are Upskilling Us For The Future Of Work
- 2.30pm: Q&A - Martijn van der Meulen / Co-Founder & Development Director / Snap Finger Click
EGX is organised by the parent company of GamesIndustry.biz.