Yo-Kai Watch Busters sells 700,000 units in Japan
Level-5 IP continues to perform, beating out Capcom's Ace Attorney
The latest release in the popular Yo-Kai Watch series didn't disappoint in Japan, selling almost 700,000 units in its debut week.
Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team and White Dog Squad moved 693,000 units on 3DS after just two full days on sale. While that's certainly impressive, it shouldn't come as any great surprise. Level-5's series had already racked up a minimum 7 million sales prior to the release of the Busters, despite only making its debut in 2013.
Realistically, then, no other game was going to get near the top of the chart, though Capcom's The Great Ace Attorney put in a decent showing nevertheless with 135,000 sold. Taiko Drum Master: V Version was right behind that, selling 46,000 units.
The software chart is below, accompanied by lifetime sales:
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad (Nintendo, 07/11/15) - 693,538 (New)
- [3DS] The Great Ace Attorney (Capcom, 07/09/15) - 135,690 (New)
- [PSV] Taiko Drum Master: V Version (Bandai Namco, 07/09/15) - 46,101 (New)
- [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest (Nintendo, 06/25/15) - 29,682 (345,253)
- [Wii U] Splatoon (Nintendo, 05/28/15) - 26,136 (408,312)
- [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo, 06/11/15) - 24,650 (325,844)
- [3DS] Chou Tousouchuu Atsumare! Saikyou no Tousou Monotachi (Bandai Namco, 07/09/15) - 13,571 (New)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SCE, 03/19/15) - 10,898 (243,428)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) - 6,708 (1,060,442)
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (Bandai Namco, 06/11/15) - 4,642 (110,087)
The hardware chart is below, accompanied by the prior week's sales.
- New 3DS LL - 21,069 (19,475)
- PlayStation 4 - 15,779 (18,171)
- PlayStation Vita - 13,632 (14,067)
- Wii U - 10,789 (12,781)
- New 3DS - 5,551 (5,506)
- PlayStation 3 - 2,979 (3,102)
- 3DS - 1,184 (1,394)
- 3DS LL - 899 (861)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 613 (741)
- Xbox One - 149 (235)
Charts from Media Create, via Gematsu.