London, August 11, 2005. England cricket fans have had plenty to celebrate this week. They watched in joy as the England cricket team snatched victory from the Australians in the second Ashes series and were equally thrilled to see International Cricket Captain Ashes Year 2005 bowl out all competition to place itself firmly at the number one spot in the Budget PC charts.
With a reputation for outstanding game mechanics and statistical up-to-date cricket data the International Cricket Captain series has already proved itself a marketplace winner selling over 136,000 units and this latest chart success only proves the continuing strength and quality of the brand.
Former England team members have endorsed the series including Nassar Hussain and Graham Thorpe, but this time around the title has been lent the support of rising cricket star Andrew Strauss. Strauss who is a member of the Ashes England cricket team, a former captain of Middlesex and Wisden cricketer of the year talking about International Cricket Captain Ashes Year 2005 said, 'I am really pleased to be associated with Xplosiv and the next game in the International Cricket Captain Series, the amount of information in this game is terrific, it's a must for all cricket lovers' said Strauss.
Features in this latest addition to the International Cricket Captain series will include:
- Player Database: comprehensive and up-to-date database* ( beg of 2005 season) featuring statistics for every first class cricketer in the test playing nations.
- The Match Screen: play and watch individual matches. Allows the player to change tactics on an over by over basis whilst selecting the highlight level for watching the action.
- Transfers: improve your squad by offering contracts to experienced or youth players.
- Team Selection: who's in form and who's not. Regret not including a spinner for the last match?
- Groundsman: instruct your groundsman to prepare a pitch tailor made for your attack.
- Playing Conditions: bounce, wear, weather and light vary from fixture to fixture, and change during individual matches.
- Coach and physio: a key player injured or out of form? Book him in for a session with the coach or physio.
- Line and Length: set a line and length for your bowlers. Select a full length or send a bouncer to rile the tail-enders.
- Two Player: captain any of the Test playing nations and compete against a friend in either a Test or one-day series.
- World Rating System: featuring the top ten bowlers and batsman.
'We couldn't be more pleased with International Cricket Captain Ashes Year 2005 charting at number one in the PC Budget charts,' said Joanne Fawell, Xplosiv Product Manager. She added, 'Hopefully the England cricket team will follow in our footsteps and achieve Ashes glory. '
Release date: August 5th 2005
Notes for editors
Empire launched Xplosiv as a value brand selling low-price PC software in mid 2000 and PlayStation2 in 2002, proving a great success in the UK and overseas due to the group's license wins with, Sega, Ubisoft, Taito, Activision, Microsoft, Vivendi and CDV. Further information on Xplosiv products can be found at www.xplosiv.net
About Empire Interactive
Empire Interactive is a leading publisher of interactive entertainment software that has been established for 17 years. The company floated on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange in July 2000. Headquartered in the UK, Empire Interactive also has offices in the US, Germany, Italy and Spain. The company develops and publishes a varied range of titles across all platforms in the US, Europe and Asia. Further information about Empire Interactive and its products can be found at: www.empireinteractive.com