Wii Fit has held onto the top of the UK software sales chart for the week ended April 25, holding off debutant Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena - the only new entry in the top ten - despite the Nintendo title's sales sliding by 11 per cent in trend repeated across the board.
Atari's Riddick title managed second place on its first week on sale according to data from Chart-Track, but all of the other titles in the top ten saw sales fall significantly.
The Godfather II fell to third, with sales dropping by almost half compared to last week, while FIFA 09 also dropped one place to fourth, as sales fell by a quarter.
Resident Evil 5 held onto its position at number five, despite sales dropping 17 per cent, as did Professor Layton and the Curious Village at six, down 31 per cent, Mario Kart Wii at seven, down 32 per cent, and Wii Play at eight, down 27 per cent.
Meanwhile, Call of Duty: World at War stayed at number nine, with sales dropping by 29 per cent, and Carnival: Funfair Games saw sales slip 25 per cent to close the chart at ten.
The full UK software sales chart follows:
- 01. Wii Fit
- 02. The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena
- 03. The Godfather II
- 04. FIFA 09
- 05. Resident Evil 5
- 06. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- 07. Mario Kart Wii
- 08. Wii Play
- 09. Call of Duty: World at War
- 10. Carnival: Funfair Games
- 11. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- 12. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training
- 13. Guitar Hero: World Tour
- 14. My Fitness Coach
- 15. Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
- 16. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 17. Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
- 18. Grand Theft Auto IV
- 19. Ben 10: Alien Force
- 20. Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures