Tales of Zestiria is Japan's new #1
PS3 RPG sells 341,000 in first week
Tales of Zestiria, released as a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the franchise, has entered the Japanese software chart at number one with 340,891 copies sold.
That put it way ahead of The Legend of Legacy, a 3DS title and new entry at number two, which sold 53,974 copies.
- [PS3] Tales of Zestiria (Bandai Namco, 01/22/15) - 340,891 (New entry)
- [3DS] The Legend of Legacy - 53,974 (New entry)
- [Wii U] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 32,137 (New entry)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi - 31,876 (Lifetime sales - 2,404,246)
- [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire - 17,035 (2,474,246)
In hardware sales fell for all except the PlayStation 3, which actually saw unit numbers jump by over 1500. The New 3DS XL held strong at the top of the chart with over 20,000 sold.
- New 3DS XL - 20,065 (Last week - 25,299)
- PlayStation Vita - 14,991 (16,823)
- PlayStation 4 - 13,793 (15,480)
- PlayStation 3 - 8,600 (7,036)
- New 3DS - 8,028 (9,916)
- Wii U - 7,088 (8,894)
- 3DS XL - 3,882 (4,776)
- 3DS - 3,287 (4,238)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 589 (682)
- Xbox One - 259 (300)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.