Hamburg , Germany , 31 March 2011 – Winter sports fans who didn’t make it up to the mountains this season or who don’t want to do without the ultimate kick in the snow this spring and summer can celebrate. With two of the most renowned awards in the industry in the field of mobile games, the Hamburg-based developer of smartphone games has put their next top title into the running. The action-packed fun snowboard game Snowboard Hero™ for the iPhone™ and iPod™ touch, two-time winner of the IMGAwards in the categories Best Sports Game and Operators Choice during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, is available for download in the App Store starting today at an introductory price of € 3.99 / $ 4.99/ £ 2.99.
Set in a breathtakingly beautiful mountain landscape, players can choose one of four individual characters to complete a wide variety of disciplines on six varied courses with alternate routes. Each of the six courses offers a unique design of ski runs, fun parks, half pipes, glacier tunnels, and open, high-alpine areas. Using an intuitive combination of touch and tilt controls, players have to collect power-ups on the course, jump over kickers and perform daring tricks in the air, not to mention grinding along natural and man-made obstacles, in order to collect as many points as possible and to charge up the boost bar. The credits they earn can then be invested in new tricks or special boards that improve agility, speed, boost, and jumps.
In the career mode, there are five different individual disciplines, such as Speedrun, Freestyle, Slalom, Race, and Time Bonus, and seven combination disciplines to choose from. All of the disciplines take place on a wide variety of courses. Players decide for themselves which of the alternate routes are most suitable for a given discipline. For global skill comparison, the Record Chaser mode offers on-line highscores in OpenFeint and Game Center.
· 4 playable characters, each with 6 standard and 4 special tricks to unlock
· Individual boards, tricks, and outfits for every character
· 6 courses in 3 different environments: ski run, fun park, and high mountains
· 5 individual disciplines in the career mode: Speedrun, Freestyle, Slalom, Race, and Time Bonus
· 7 combination disciplines, for example Freestyle-Speedrun or Speed-Slalom
· Record Chaser game mode with on-line highscore lists in OpenFeint and Game Center
· Modifiable characteristics: agility, speed, boost, and jumps can be improved by new boards
· A total of 42 challenges
· High resolution graphics for Retina Display
Snowboard Hero™ for the iPhone™ and iPod™ touch will be available for download from the App Store as of 31 March 2011 at a price of € 3.99 / $ 4.99/ £ 2.99.A free update with more characters and new courses is already in the works. With the update, the price will be increased to € 5.49 / $ 6.99/ £ 3.99.
Poschner & Töllner GbR
Gesellschafter: Ariane Poschner, Ilka Töllner