Rugby League 3
Coming in Q4 from Sidhe.
SYDNEY, Australia – August 14, 2009 – Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) today announced the development of Rugby League 3 for Nintendo Wii™, by leading games developer Sidhe. The game continues the highly successful “Rugby League” franchise, which is amongst the highest selling franchises of all time in Australasia.
“We are extremely pleased to be publishing a new Rugby League title with such fresh features, content, and innovations across the board,” said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “Rugby League 3 is a significant and worthy addition to the franchise.”
The features and content of “Rugby League 3” include:
- Visceral Wii Remote motion controls bring the physicality of Rugby League into your living room
- 80+ licensed teams from competitions such as the NRL, Super League, Toyota Cup, UK Championship, UK Championship 1, State of Origin, City v Country and internationals
- 38 stadia from Australia, New Zealand, UK and France
- Team level gameplay features including defensive line controls, attacking strategy selection, team confidence, and AI support play
- Build a champion team in the Multi-year Franchise Mode including advanced player management, Dally M Player of the Year and Man of Steel, club records and optional manual rep selection
- Create and customise players, teams, and competitions
- Broadcast style presentation with enhanced replay angles, match highlights, and in-game commentary from Channel Nine’s Andrew Voss
“The production team has been able to leverage significant past experience and extensive feedback from consumers in the development of this title” said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe. “As a result, Rugby League 3 takes the series to new heights, delivering a richer, deeper and more immersive experience than ever before.”
Rugby League 3 is expected to be released for Nintendo Wii in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France in Q4 2009. More information about the game can be found at http://www.rugbyleague3.com
Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) are a Sydney-based firm specialising in the distribution of video games and accessories throughout the Australian market. Established in 1984, HES are the exclusive distributors of Mad Catz, Saitek and Tru Blu accessories and games in Australia, including 2003’s record breaking NRL Rugby League for PS2, XBOX and PC. HES also has a video game publishing arm, Tru Blu Entertainment. http://www.hes.net
Founded in 1997, Sidhe is an award-winning developer of console, handheld and PC games. The largest game production studio in New Zealand, Sidhe has a proven track record of creating high-quality, licensed and original titles for a worldwide audience. The studio has produced more than 20 high-profile titles including Shatter™ (PS3), GripShift® (Xbox 360, PS3, PSP), Jackass the Game (PS2, PSP), Speed Racer The Videogame (Wii, PS2), as well as multiple games based on the NRL Rugby League franchise For more information on Sidhe, please visit http://www.sidhe.co.nz
# # #
Note to media: Screenshots from the game are available for download from http://www.rugbyleague3.com. Permission is given for these to be used in your publication or website.
Business Development Manager / Executive Producer Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd P. +61 2 9533 3055 F. +61 2 9533 3277 www.trublu.com.au email@example.com
International Digital Entertainment Agency P. +1-415-299-2156 firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Product Manager
Gamewizz Digital Entertainment
P. +64 9 477 4007