Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel has held onto the top spot of the Japanese software charts, according to data provided by Media Create.
The puzzle solving DS title sold 87,100 units, closely followed by the PlayStation 2 title Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World, which debuted on the chart in second place with 76,500 units.
Nintendo's Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii came in third place with 75,600 units, while Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe, for the DS, hit 60,200 units in fourth place and Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 on the PlayStation 3 secured fifth place with 42,400 units.
DS title Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode took sixth place with 37,900 units, Pokemon Platinum came in seventh with 37,300 units, as debut Wii title, 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de, by Sega came in eighth with 34,000 units.
Bethesda's hit post-apocalyptic RPG, Fallout 3, also debuted on the chart for the Xbox 360, claiming ninth place with 30,600 units.
Rhythm Tengoku Gold, for the DS, closed the chart off at ten with 29,600 units, bringing the title's total sales up to 1,244,100 units.
Japanese software sales chart follows:
- 01. Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel (DS)
- 02. Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World (PS2)
- 03. Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)
- 04. Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe (DS)
- 05. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PS3)
- 06. Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode (DS)
- 07. Pokémon Platinum (DS)
- 08. 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de (Wii)
- 09. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
- 10. Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS)