According to the latest data from Media Create, the sales top ten in Japan for the week ending December 14 was aced by titles for the Nintendo platforms.
The entire top ten was given over to games released for the Wii or DS and was headed by new entry Taiko no Tatsujin Wii, which sold over 100,000 units in its debut week.
Animal Crossing: City Folk was second, shifting over 97,000 copies and passing the 500,000 mark, while Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe took third place.
Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode came fourth, followed by another new entry in Penguin no Mondai: Saikyou Penguin Densetsu From Konami.
Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel was sixth, with Pokemon Platinum in seventh and Rhythm Tengoku Gold in eighth.
Wii Fit, now close to the 3 million barrier, was in ninth place, followed by Mario Kart Wii, itself close to the 2 million barrier, in tenth.
The highest-placing non-Nintendo platform title in the chart was Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 which took eleventh place.
The full top ten is as follows:
- 1. Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Wii)
- 2. Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)
- 3. Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe (DS)
- 4. Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode (DS)
- 5. Penguin no Mondai: Saikyou Penguin Densetsu (DS)
- 6. Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel (DS)
- 7. Pokemon Platinum (DS)
- 8. Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS)
- 9. Wii Fit (Wii)
- 10. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)