REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 16, 2004 - Just like snowflakes, no two press releases are alike. Except during the holidays, when they're all exactly the same. So Nintendo is taking a break from decking the halls and is opting instead for the straightforward approach to tell you about all the great stuff available for the holidays. From the innovative new Nintendo DSTM, to Metroid® Prime 2 Echoes and a high-value bundle for Nintendo GameCubeTM, to new styles for the best-selling Game Boy® Advance SP, Nintendo delivers holiday delight on three separate game platforms this year.
"Once again, video games and systems will be hot gifts for anyone with a wish list this holiday," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "With so many Nintendo products to choose from, no stocking should be left unstuffed."
Anyone confused about what gift to give for the holidays need look no further than the list of best-selling video game products on Amazon.com. Roughly 10 out of the top 25 sellers on the list are Nintendo games, hardware or accessories for Nintendo products. Amazon's best-seller list changes every hour, but it's safe to say that Nintendo will remain at the top of everyone's list this holiday season.
- Launches Nov. 21 at an MSRP of $149.99.
- Two screens (one touch screen), wireless communication and voice recognition.
- Comes with built-in PictoChatTM communication function and a free playable demo, Metroid Prime® Hunters: First Hunt.
- Other upcoming games: Super Mario® 64 DS from Nintendo, Madden NFL 2005, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 2005 and The URBZTM: Sims in the CityTM from EA, and Spider-Man 2TM from Activision. Not to mention Ping Pals from THQ, Feel the MagicTM: XY/XX from SEGA, Rayman® and Asphalt Urban GTTM from Ubisoft and Ridge Racer® DS and Mr. DRILLER®: Drill SpiritsTM from Namco.
- More than 120 games remain in development for Nintendo DS around the world.
Game Boy Advance SP
- World's best-selling video game platform is now available at an MSRP of $79.99.
- Five new styles available at select retail partners: Tattoo, Pearl White, Green/Orange, Surf Blue and "who are you?" branded.
- Awesome games available now: Mario Pinball LandTM, KirbyTM & The Amazing Mirror, Donkey Kong® Country 2, Pokémon® FireRed, Pokémon® LeafGreen and Final Fantasy® I & II: Dawn of Souls (coming Nov. 29)
- More than 20 different Game Boy® Advance Video paks, each with up to 45 minutes of video, available now at an MSRP of $19.99.
- The hot holiday game Metroid Prime 2 Echoes is now available.
- New bundle offer: Get both a Nintendo GameCube and Mario Kart®: Double Dash!!TM, all at an MSRP of just $99.99.
- Other sweet games: Donkey KongaTM, Paper MarioTM: The Thousand-Year Door, Mario Power TennisTM, Mario Party® 6.
The worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its popular home and portable video game systems. Each year, hundreds of all-new titles for the best-selling Game Boy® Advance, Nintendo DSTM and Nintendo GameCubeTM systems extend Nintendo's vast game library and continue the tradition of delivering a rich, diverse mix of quality video games for players of all ages. Since the release of its first home video game system in 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 1.9 billion video games and more than 170 million hardware units globally, creating enduring industry icons such as MarioTM and Donkey Kong® and launching popular culture franchise phenomena such as Metroid®, ZeldaTM and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere.
For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's Web site at www.nintendo.com.