New Super Mario Bros Wii has topped the Japanese games chart over the Christmas holiday, with sales of 506,000.
Nintendo also took the number two and three positions with new release The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Friend Collection placing respectively.
Square Enix PlayStation 3 title Final Fantasy XIII was relegated from first to fourth place with sales of 189,000, despite first week shipments of the title topping 1.8 million.
In the Japanese hardware chart, Wii sales nearly doubled those of the PlayStation 3, totalling 215,129 units.
DSi fell into second place with sales of 113,984, and PlayStation 3 followed just behind with 110,519.
The PlayStation Portable also saw sales increase to 105,801, although the PSPgo managed just 4192 in contrast.
The full Media Create software chart for the week ending December 27 is as follows:
- 01 New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)
- 02 The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
- 03 Friend Collection (DS)
- 04 Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- 05 Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (DS)
- 06 Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
- 07 Inazuma Eleven 2 (DS)
- 08 Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
- 09 Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 (Wii)
- 10 Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Spirits (DS)
The full hardware chart is as follows:
- 01 Nintendo Wii - 215,129
- 02 Nintendo DSi - 113,984
- 03 PlayStation 3 - 110,519
- 04 PlayStation Portable - 105,801
- 05 DSi LL - 81,430
- 06 DS Lite - 17,695
- 07 Xbox 360 - 6489
- 08 PSPgo - 4192
- 09 PlayStation 2 - 3747