SAN DIEGO, CA - May 3, 2006 - Sony Online
Entertainment LLC (SOE), a global leader in the online games
industry, today announced details on its latest plans for
EverQuest II, which include a new expansion pack featuring an
all new playable race and an adventure pack introducing an
Asian flair to the popular massively multiplayer online game.
Echoes of Faydwer, the third expansion for EverQuest II, is
expected to be available on or around November 14, both at
retail and via digital distribution for a suggested retail
price of $39.99. The Fallen Dynasty is the third adventure
pack for EQII and will be available this June by digital
download only for a suggested retail price of $7.99 or at no
additional charge to Station Access subscribers of two months
"Our newest offerings to the EverQuest II product line offer great fun for EQII fans," said Laura Naviaux, senior brand manager, Sony Online Entertainment. "Echoes of Faydwer is a content-rich experience for both the seasoned EverQuest II player and the newbie alike, since the new content is accessible from the start. With The Fallen Dynasty, higher level veterans of EQII can explore a unique adventure and gain all-new weapons that they can bring into the rest of the game world."
Echoes of Faydwer is the third expansion pack for EverQuest II, and introduces a new playable race, The Fae. An enchanted race of winged creatures, the Fae dwell on the continent of Faydwer, in the arboreal city of Kelethin, the new starting city being added to this latest chapter in the EQII saga. Echoes of Faydwer includes over 350 new quests, a new selection of profession hats, cloaks, armor, and new horse mounts available to players of all levels. EQII players will encounter over 40 new types of creatures to face, more than 20 new zones and adventure areas, and will be able to compete against other players for new PvP (Player vs. Player) rewards, plus all-new items, equipment, spells and tradeskill recipes. The Achievement system introduced in the Kingdom of Sky expansion has been enhanced to include additional sub-class abilities, allowing players to further customize their characters' abilities.
Developed in conjunction with SOE's Taiwan studio, The Fallen Dynasty Adventure Pack promises to deliver the same downloadable story-rich content seen in the previously released The Bloodline Chronicles and The Splitpaw Saga, but this time with Asian influenced adventure zones, weapons, tradeskill rewards, as well as all new quests.
The Fallen Dynasty introduces EQII players to a mysterious city shrouded in secrets and once ruled by a powerful entity. The Whistling Fist, an ancient order of monks, guard its veiled past, but seek adventurers brave enough to explore the mysteries of this forgotten civilization.
EverQuest II Echoes of Faydwer Features
- New playable race - The Fae
- New starting location - Kelethin
- Over 350 all-new quests
- Content and zones available for players of all levels (1 - 70)
- Cloaks that can be worn by your player character
- All-new Profession Hats and Armor
- Over 20 new adventure zones
- Over 40 new types of creatures
- New rewards for PvP (Player vs. Player) combat
- New player housing, items, equipment, spells and tradeskill recipes
- Levels for Guilds raised from 50 to 60
EverQuest II The Fallen Dynasty Features
- Heroic and epic encounters available for players of level 55-70
- All-new weapons and items with a unique look and flair
- All-new quests and storylines
- Seven unique adventure areas
- Asian-influenced style and design
- Available via digital download only
- Station Access players with EQII will receive as part of their subscription
For more information on these games, visit the EverQuest II Web site, www.everquest2.com.