Activision has finished the year at number one with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which has topped the chart for an eighth consecutive week.
Despite a 41 per cent drop in sales on the week prior, the game still fended off competition from number two game Assassin's Creed II to become the longest unbeaten chart topper in the all formats chart since Need for Speed: Underground 2 five years ago.
Sega's Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games took third position, climbing from number five, while Wii Sports Resort hung onto the number four position for another week.
Further down the top ten, Ubisoft's Just Dance achieved its highest place so far at number seven, climbing from number 12 with a sales increase of 10 per cent, and James Cameron's Avatar: The Game dropped two places to number 10.
The full Chart-Track all format top 20 for the week ending January 2 is as follows:
- 01 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- 02 Assassin's Creed II
- 03 Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- 04 Wii Sports Resort
- 05 Wii Fit Plus
- 06 FIFA 10
- 07 Just Dance
- 08 New Super Mario Bros Wii
- 09 Mario Kart Wii
- 10 James Cameron's Avatar: The Game
- 11 Forza Motorsport 3
- 12 Need for Speed: Shift
- 13 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 14 Left 4 Dead 2
- 15 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 16 Batman: Arkham Asylum
- 17 Wii Play
- 18 Grand Theft Auto Episodes: Liberty City
- 19 Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
- 20 Tekken 6