Monster Hunter X tops Japanese chart with 1.5m sales
Update: Monster Hunter X sold 2 million units including downloads, series now at 35 million lifetime sales
It was a big week on the Japanese charts with eight new entries in the top 20. The big winner was Monster Hunter X with close to 1.5 million units sold in its debut week.
The number two, new entry Aikatsu! My No. 1 Stage!, lagged some distance behind with 25,000 units sold.
- [3DS] Monster Hunter X - 1,488,367 (New entry)
- [3DS] Aikatsu! My No. 1 Stage! - 24,918 (New entry)
- [Wii U] Splatoon - 23,823 (Lifetime sales - 825,940)
- [Wii U] Super Mario Maker - 18,639 (410,432)
- [PS4] Star Wars Battlefront - 18,341 (142,249)
The release of Monster Hunt X helped pushed the New 3DS XL ahead of the PlayStation 4 with a jump in sales from last week's 28,000 to over 105,000 this week.
- New 3DS XL - 105,629 (Last week - 28,257)
- PlayStation 4 - 26,598 (29,052)
- Wii U - 20,256 (14,684)
- New 3DS - 18,052 (5,859)
- PlayStation Vita - 14,765 (12,258)
- 3DS - 6,095 (1,012)
- PlayStation 3 - 1,643 (1,624)
- 3DS XL - 1,247 (596)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 625 (583)
- Xbox One - 591 (889)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.
Update: Capcom has confirmed that Monster Hunter X sold 2 million units in the six day following its launch, including sales of both download cards and digital sales through the Nintendo eShop. The series has now sold 35 million units in total.