Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep has topped the Japanese sales chart with 446,000 units sold in its first two days on release.
The Square Enix game knocked former number one, New Super Mario Bros Wii, into second position while Friend Collection also dropped one place to number three.
Wii Fit Plus climbed one place to number four, and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks dropped two places to number five.
The rest of the top ten remained barely altered from last week, with Final Fantasy XIII, Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders, Wii Sports Resort and Phantasy Star Portable 2 all remaining among the top sellers.
Further down the chart, Monsters Hunter Freedom Unite for PSP climbed five places to number 12 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 climbed four places from 16 to 20.
The Media Create top ten for the week ending January 10 is as follows:
- 01 Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP)
- 02 New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)
- 03 Friend Collection (DS)
- 04 Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
- 05 The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
- 06 Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- 07 Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (DS)
- 08 Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire (DS)
- 09 Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
- 10 Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP)