Landshut/Germany, 12.01.2007. The German high-end video gaming accessories developers from FANATEC - renowned for the state-of-the-art Speedster3 steering wheel for PlayStation ® 2-series officially licensed by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe - announces Europe-wide availability of their latest innovative invention, the FANATEC Speedster Controller. The unique wireless game pad combines the best of both worlds - the advantages of a PlayStation ® 2 controller and the functionality, precision, and feeling of a Speedster steering wheel. The Speedster Controller is already available for 59,99 (RRP).
With its specially developed Twist°n°Turn TM axis and ergonomically improved analogue triggers, the Speedster Controller provides for more realistic and precise control of all racing games (incl. motorbike, jet ski, ATV, snowboard). Furthermore, the Speedster Controller features the renowned tuning features of the Speedster wheel series including sensitivity, elimination of the dead-zone, and adjustment of the vibration level. Latency free 2,4 GHz RF technology provides for wireless gaming without limits. Included within the package is the Play°n°Charge-Set featuring three rechargeable and powerful 2000mAh batteries and a 5 m USB charging cable for continuous game play.
"While developing the Speedster Controller we could really rely on many years of experience in steering wheel and game pad innovation and construction", says Thomas Jackermeier, Chairman of the Executive Board of Endor, the brainfactory behind the FANATEC brand. "With its exhaustive tuning features, an innovative as well as intuitive handling this controller is not just a copy of something. It represents a new product category for more fun and the perfect experience."
Feature overview of the FANATEC Speedster Controllers for use with PlayStation ® 2:
- Twist°n°Turn axis for more realistic and precise control of all racing games (incl. motorbike, jet ski, ATV, snowboard)
- Switch instantly between driving and running (for games like GTA)
- Additional real analogue Triggers for sensible acceleration and braking.
- D-pad with 8 independent buttons for accurate diagonal movement in sport and fighting games
- TUNING function to adjust the sensitivity, eliminate the dead-zone or to adjust the vibration level
- Triggers can be mapped with timed macros
- 4 blue LEDs indicate the steering and the gas/brake movements
- 2,4 GHz RF technology with no latency
- Including Play°n°Charge kit with 3 rechargeable 2000 mAh batteries and a 5 m USB charging cable for continuous game play
high resolution picture material available for download: http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=411&lang=en
please find an animated explanatory flash movie of the Speedster Controller here: www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=261&lang=en
Bayern / Germany
Sunflex Europe GmbH
fon: +49-(0)2371-9357 - 0
fax: +49-(0)2371-9357 - 11