LOVEFiLM.com, the UK’s largest online DVD rental service and entertainment website has marked its fourth tie-in with games producer Ubisoft with a multi-faceted marketing partnership to promote the highly anticipated title Assassin’s Creed II.
The game, launched on PLAYSTATION® 3, Xbox 360® and PC formats on 20th November sees cross-channel promotion in an innovative campaign that incorporates online activity as well as direct marketing initiatives.
Online activity, now live on LOVEFiLM.com includes branded overlays as well as pre-roll trailers with selected streaming content. In addition, LOVEFiLM will host a microsite displaying game related content and exclusive information on the upcoming trilogy of short-films based on the highly successful Assassin’s Creed story.
Users will be able to view trailers and never before seen content from the film series, which is set to be one of the most ambitious entertainment productions ever released, all from the bespoke microsite.
Online activity will be supplemented with a run of 350,000 specially branded envelopes, which are being distributed via rental titles in the post directly into the letterboxes of LOVEFiLM members.
Jo Underhill, Head of Media Sales for LOVEFiLM commented:
“Our marketing partnership with Ubisoft for the inaugural Assassin’s Creed title proved a great success with gamers and LOVEFiLM members alike. For the highly anticipated sequel, we’re excited to be launching such an immersive campaign for website users, which will showcase not only the game, but also the trilogy of short films which have been produced as a direct result of the game’s widespread popularity.”
Jan Sanghera, Brand Manager for Ubisoft commented:
“LOVEFiLM is the perfect platform from which to launch such an exciting gaming title. Not only does it provide a range of channels for innovative marketing, but also brings together the worlds of gaming and film perfectly, with the exclusive Assassin’s Creed film trilogy trailed directly through the campaign’s microsite. We’re confident that the partnership will build upon the success of the first game’s push back in 2007.”
- Ends -
For further information please contact the LOVEFiLM.com press office at Mischief on 020 7100 9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
· LOVEFiLM UK carries over 65,000 unique titles including games
· LOVEFiLM is Europe's leading online DVD rental subscription service with over one million members and operates in the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany
· In just over five years, LOVEFiLM has grown to become the UK’s third largest home entertainment subscription service and was ranked number one Entertainment & Movies Website in the Hitwise 2008 data
· In 2009, the Office of National Statistics added online DVD rental services like LOVEFiLM to its inflation basket as a sign of the change in UK viewing habits
· LOVEFiLM UK customers have generated over 72 million film ratings and over 780,000 member reviews
· LOVEFiLM offers a range of online DVD rental options in each market. In the UK these include £3.91 a month allowing members to have 1 DVD at a time (limit of 2 per month), £7.83 for 2 DVDs at a time (limit of 4 per month), £9.78 a month for one DVD out at a time (unlimited), £12.72 for two at a time (unlimited) and £15.65 gives the option for three DVDs at a time (unlimited). These packages include unlimited DVD rental each month, free postage and no late fees
· The LOVEFiLM UK weekly newsletter reaches 850,000 members
· LOVEFiLM UK has won: British Video Association's award for the UK's Best Rental Service in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008, the fast-growing media company Media Momentum award in 2005, 2007 and 2008, UK technology – Innovation & Growth award for Mediatech Impact of the Year 2008, Home Entertainment Week awards for Rentailer of the Year 2008 and 2007, the 2008 Fast Growth Business Award for Retail/Leisure business of the Year, awarded 2nd place in The Sunday Times Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Tech Companies 2008 – (5th in 2007), The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2007 – Best Management Team Award and was recently a finalist in the National Customer Service Awards 2008
· The group currently works with major partners in the UK including Tesco, easy Group, CD Wow, Guardian News Media, WHSmith, Odeon and Vue Cinemas, some of whom offer a fully white-labeled service