15 th December 2010 – Lichfield, Staffs, United Kingdom
Elite Systems, the long established UK based developer and electronic publisher of games for portable, mobile and other devices has announced the launch (also available as a free update for Vol. #1 & #2) of “ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection™ (Vol. #3 to #6)” – a collection of hit games for the 80’s home computer - for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
The major feature of the update (which goes live on the App Store today, 15 th December 2010) is the inclusion of an in-App ‘shop’ and at least 4 more volumes (#3 through to #6 - priced at £0.59/€0.79/US$0.99 per volume iPhone/Pod Touch and £1.19/€1.59/US$1.99 per volume iPad), each containing 6 ZX Spectrum games, including:
- Gremlin Collection Vol. #1, featuring – Monty on the Run
- Gremlin Collection Vol. #2, featuring – Jack the Nipper
- Vortex Collection Vol. #1, featuring – TLL
- Software Projects Collection Vol. #1, featuring – Manic Miner, bringing the total available (including those available as an in-app purchase) to at least 36.
Vol. #3 to #6 features the much-lauded iDaptive (i.e. user-definable, game-specific joystick, keypad & canvass) Controls; an instructional video for which can be found by Googling “Tiny URL 22qh8hl” and here: http://tinyurl.com/22qh8hl
Speaking about the App, Elite® MD Steve Wilcox said,
- it’s a real thrill to again work with our friends at Gremlin, Vortex, Software Projects and of course ... Matthew Smith
- there’ll be a further free update, within a month, including an in-App ‘shop’ and at least 4 more volumes (#7 through to #10 - priced at £0.59/€0.79/US$0.99 per volume iPhone/Pod Touch and £1.19/€1.59/US$1.99 per volume iPad), each containing 6 ZX Spectrum games, bringing the total available (including those available as an in-app purchase) to at least 60.
Steve Wilcox, Elite®
Tel. + 44 (0) 154 326 8826 Mail email@example.com Web www.elite-systems.co.uk
About Elite®: Elite Systems Ltd was incorporated in England in 1984 and is one of Europe’s most long established developers and publishers of entertainment software.
About ZX Spectrum: The ZX Spectrum is an 8-bit personal home computer released in the UK in 1982 by Sinclair Research Ltd. It sold in excess of 5 million units worldwide. The ZX Spectrum software library currently consists of some 10,000 games.