WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND - November 26, 2009 - Are you quick on the draw? New Zealand-based games developer Launching Pad Games is proud to present Zoo Lasso, a new action puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Offering fun, fast, and addictive gameplay that takes advantage of the iPhone's touchscreen, Zoo Lasso will rope you in with its charm and pick-up-and-play accessibility. The game is available now through Apple's App Store for only $0.99.
In Zoo Lasso, all the animals are escaping their pens, and it's your job to sort them out! Using your finger to draw lassos, you must rope in the rampaging lions, monkeys, zebras, and parrots before you get overwhelmed. "There were several things we wanted to achieve with our first iPhone title, but mainly we wanted to create a fun, addictive game that really fits on the platform," said Tristan Clark, co-founder of Launching Pad Games. "The simple act of drawing lassos with your finger around different animals is about as intuitive as you can get. And when you couple that with some frantic score-based gameplay that will keep you coming back for one more turn, you get something special that we think iPhone and iPod touch users will really respond to."
Lasso Boogaloo -- the best game-related music video you'll see all day:
To celebrate the release of Zoo Lasso, the team at Launching Pad Games let their insane side run free, and crafted a music video featuring the real stars of Zoo Lasso: the animals. Join Bill the monkey, Charlotte the zebra, Terry the lion, and Bob the parrot as they pursue the twin goals of escaping the zoo...and starting an 80s rock band:
About Zoo Lasso:
Watch a gameplay video of Zoo Lasso in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a66BxcNWKnw
Screenshots are available here: http://launchingpadgames.com/games/zoo-lasso
All the animals in the zoo are escaping, and it’s up to you to rope ’em in! Lasso lions, monkeys, zebras and parrots as fast as you can in frantic combo-based puzzle action.
• Simple to play — just use your finger to draw around animals
• Easy to learn, but challenging to master — get the biggest scores with elaborate combos
• Cute graphics and catchy music!
• “Pick up and play” addictive gameplay — perfect for any five-minute break
Use your finger to draw around different species. Rope up lots at once to get more points. Then go for big combo bonuses with figure eights, clover leaves or even wilder shapes. But watch out… if too many animals leap onto the screen, you’ll be overwhelmed!
• Start your mission as a lowly Volunteer Rope Holder and rise through all 11 ranks to Emperor of Entrapment and beyond.
• Beat your friends’ best scores on the global online leaderboards! Using OpenFeint technology, you can prove to the world just how good a zoo keeper you really are.
• Make sure you catch the time-slowing tortoise! Those precious seconds will give you the edge you need to stay in the game.
• Rope up four different animal types across 11 different areas.
• Resume your game at the touch of a button.
• Even more content scheduled for regular game updates — check back soon for more info!
You’ll be on the edge of your seat with Zoo Lasso’s new breed of fast and competitive shape-drawing gameplay. Available now in the App Store! http://itunes.com/apps/ZooLasso
About Launching Pad Games:
Launching Pad Games is an independent games developer based in Wellington, New Zealand. Their previous title, The Pretender: Part One, was released in the middle of 2009 as a browser-based Flash game, and went on to be played by millions of people worldwide. Launching Pad Games is dedicated to creating fun, eclectic games that are, more than anything else, a joy to play. For more information, please visit http://launchingpadgames.com
# # #
Co-founder, Launching Pad Games
+64 21 113 0105