Varese 26th September 2005. Black Bean announces today that its first strategy title for Autumn 2005 is ready for gold master. World at War, acclaimed by the USA press, will be on the shelves from October, 14th.
Set in the Second World War, the title encounter the taste of all the fans of strategy and war games.
About World at War
World at War is set in the Second World War and allows the player to live again the historic epic battle. Choosing between 5 different armies such as German, Japanese, Soviet, Chinese and the one of the Western Alliance, the player becomes a real commander who manages resources and units. Engaging battles as naval or air or land combat and building the troops are the key success factors of the game, if supported by a good strategy.
- Four full-length scenarios (Spring '40, Summer '41, Spring '42, Summer '43) lasting till the end of the war
- Over 350 areas on a sprawling world map
- Five playable forces (German, Japanese, Soviet Union, the Western Allies, and Chinese) and 38 different countries
- Command fifteen different combat units in the air, on the land, and at sea, as well as infrastructure and supply units
- Each unit has up to 14 characteristics, most of which can be improved through research and development
- Rules that cover strategic movement, forts, cold weather zones, airborne attack, amphibious invasions, partisans, militia, and many other features
- Fog of War rules that hide enemy units and production
- Challenging AI that offers a unique gaming experience
- Ability to automate either or both the Production and Research functions
- An in-depth tutorial that smoothly integrates the player with the game
For further information
Black Bean Pr Manager
tel: +39 (0)332 874 451
About Lago/Black Bean. Black Bean is the games label of Lago Srl, which is part of the Leader Group. Leader SpA has been the leading independent distributor in Italy since it started business in 1984. Leader is based in Gazzada (Varese) which is situated 30 miles north of Milan in northern Italy. Black Bean philosophy is to focus on a wide range of games genre leveraging on the niche targets that remain uncovered into the market. By adding original content to the products and by fully localising the titles Black Bean's vision is to remain close to player's needs. Black Bean has distribution partners all across Europe and PAL territories including Australia and South Africa. www.blackbeangames.com