Nintendo is set to launch its digital distribution service, WiiWare, in the US today.
The Wii's answer to XBLA and PSN will have six titles available from the outset with a new title being added every following Monday.
The games can be purchased from the WiiWare section of the Wii Shop Channel using Wii Points, which themselves can be purchased through the Wii Shop Channel or retailers.
After an hour of playing, gamers will be able to give each WiiWare title their own review score. The review scores from all gamers will be tallied and the results will be published on an ongoing basis.
WiiWare already launched in Japan earlier this year on March 25, and will be available in Europe on May 20. An interview with developers on their thoughts concerning WiiWare can be found here.
The launch titles are as follow:
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Square Enix, 1500 Wii Points)
- LostWinds (Frontier Developments, 1000 Wii Points)
- Defend your Castle (XGen Studios, 500 Wii Points)
- Pop (Nnooo, 1-4 players, 700 Wii Points)
- V.I.P. Casino: Blackjack (High Voltage Software, Inc., 700 Wii Points)
- TV Show King (Gameloft, 1000 Wii Points)