Warface reaches 1m players on Nintendo Switch
Free-to-play shooter reaches milestone after one month on the platform
One month after its official launch on Nintendo Switch, Warface has reached 1 million registered players on the platform, publisher My.Games announced today. To celebrate this, developer Allods Team also revealed some in-game statistics:
- Players have completed 495,387 PvP matches
- Total playtime for Warface on Switch is over 83 000 days
- The most popular modes on Switch are PvE missions (1,285,309 played) and co-op Special Operations (148,507 completed)
Warface on Nintendo Switch has full content and feature parity with Xbox One and PS4 versions, with a content rotation system opening up new PvE co-op missions every week. The development team plans to simultaneously release the next big update on all three platforms.
"The key strategy with the Nintendo Switch version is to keep things fresh, and that means constant updates," - says Ivan Pabyarzhin, Warface Franchise Lead. - "We are already hard at work on the next big console update that will simultaneously launch on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PS4 this summer".
Warface on Nintendo Switch:
- Is the first CryEngine-powered title on the Nintendo platform. The game is using a heavily customized version of CryEngine and is running locked
- in 30FPS/720p in TV mode and 540p in handheld and tabletop modes, providing an optimal balance of image clarity and performance
- Warface on Nintendo Switch supports some platform-specific features like gyro controls for more precise aiming, HD Rumble, and Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- Online multiplayer and voice chat are supported without a need for paid Nintendo Online subscription
- The development was done by My.Games' in-house studio Allods Team, known for PS4 and Xbox One versions of Warface and Skyforge