For Immediate Release:
Livonia, MI- (March 29, 2005) - Software developer Stardock Entertainment announces the release of the real-time simulation game "Uplink: Hacker Elite" for the PC, now available at www.totalgaming.net.
One of the most alluring elements of the Internet is that of the hacker. They're the elite programmers working in the dark reaches of cyberspace, going where nobody was meant to. Through Introversion Software's Uplink: Hacker Elite, gamers can now take the role of one of these hidden agents. Using powerful virtual hardware, software, and an undercover network, players will hack into rival computer systems, frame the innocent, manipulate markets and much more.
Trust is a weakness.
- Original gameplay: Players have the opportunity to be freelance hackers.
- Freeform gameplay: Accept the missions that you want to play.
- Neuromancer rating: Let your morals guide you; save the net or watch processors melt. Uplink offers two totally different paths to 'l33t' hacker status.
- Exciting missions: Crack a bank, hack a rival into jail, crash the stock market, and get out before you're caught.
- Thrilling action: Players have to make those last 15 seconds count and feel the tension rise, as their signal is traced.
- Deep plot: The computer underground can be a dangerous place, especially if you've got to stop the world's deadliest virus.
Windows 98, Me, 2000
Pentium 300 MHz or equivalent
32 MB RAM
250 MB Hard Disk space
16 MB Video Card
DirectX 8.0 or Higher
DirectX 8 Compatible Sound Card
For more information about Uplink: Hacker Elite, please visit the homepage at http://totalgaming.stardock.com/games/uplink.asp
17292 Farmington Rd.
Livonia MI 48152
Phn: (734) 762-0687
Fax: (734) 762-0690
Uplink: Hacker Elite
Released by Stardock Entertainment
Standalone Price: $19.95
TotalGaming.net Release Date: 03/24/05
Original Release Date: 03/11/03
Developed by: Introversion Software
Stardock is the developer of award winning computer games, including The Political Machine, Galactic Civilizations, and The Corporate Machine. Stardock is also the world-wide leader in the development and sales of Windows desktop customization solutions like the Object Desktop software suite, including components such as WindowBlinds, DesktopX, IconPackager, and more. For more information, please visit Stardock's homepage at www.stardock.com.
Contact: Kristin Hatcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)