Untitled Goose Game honoured at Australian Game Dev Awards
House House won two trophies, while Mighty Kingdom named Studio of the Year
Untitled Goose Game was the recipient of Game of the Year at the Australian Game Developer Awards, one of two trophies won by developer House House.
The Melbourne-based studio received both Game of the Year and Best Sound Design for Untitled Goose Game, which has been both a critical and a commercial success since it launched on September 20.
In an interview with ABC News, House House said that sales surpassed 100,000 units in less than two weeks.
Other notable winners at the Australian Game Developer Awards -- a centrepiece event of Melbourne International Games Week -- were Mighty Kingdom, the Adelaide-based developer that was named Studio of the Year, and Ally McLean, founder of The Working Lunch, a mentorship initiative focused on women starting in the industry.
The full list of winners is below:
- Best Art - Void Bastards by Blu Manchu Games
- Best Serious Game - Bleached Az by Chaos Theory Games
- Best Narrative - The Black Widow by Flux
- Best Gameplay - JumpGrid by Ian MacLarty
- Best AR/VR - Paper Fire Rookie by Ultimerse
- Best Sound Design - Untitled Goose Game by House House
- APRA AMCOS Award for Best Music - Frog Detective: The Haunted Island by Worm Club
- Industry Champion - Ally McLean
- Lighting The Way - Rae Johnston
- Adam Lanceman Award - Liam Routt
- Game of the Year - Untitled Goose Game by House House
- Studio of the Year - Mighty Kingdom
GamesIndustry.biz attended Melbourne International Games Week as a guest of Creative Victoria.