Unpacking wins Game of the Year at 2021 Australian Game Developer Awards
Witch Beam's indie puzzle title and Beethoven & Dinosaur's The Artful Escape lead with two awards each
Witch Beam's Unpacking won Game of the Year at the 2021 Australian Game Developer Awards, one of two honors the game received.
Organizing trade group Interactive Games & Entertainment Association also awarded Unpacking the Excellence in Accessibility Award.
The Artful Escape was the only other winner of multiple categories, winning honors for Excellence in Art and Excellence in Audio.
Here is the list of winners in full:
- The Adam Lancman Award -- Steve Wang (Wargaming Sydney)
- The Raising the Bar Award -- Chad Toprak (Freeplay Independent Games Festival)
- The Rising Star Award -- Kathleen Smart (Joy Everafter Stories)
- The Rising Star Award -- Ashley Van Wyngaard (Wargaming Sydney)
- Studio of the Year -- Black Lab Games
- Game of the Year -- Unpacking (Witch Beam)
- Excellence in Art -- The Artful Escape (Beethoven & Dinosaur)
- Excellence in Gameplay -- Webbed (Sbug Games)
- Excellence in Narrative -- The Forgotten City (Modern Storyteller)
- Excellence in Audio -- The Artful Escape (Beethoven & Dinosaur)
- Excellence in Accessibility -- Unpacking (Witch Beam)
- Excellence in Mobile Games -- The Oregon Trail (Gameloft Brisbane)
- Excellence in Serious Games -- Sharmila (Chaos Theory Games and the World Food Programme)
- Excellence in Ongoing Games -- Pico Tanks (Panda Arcade)
- Excellence in Emerging Games -- Video World (Things for Humans)