Ubisoft Unveils Prince Of Persia® 3 (Working Title)
The Warrior Prince Will Once Again Reign Supreme in the Next Prince of Persia® Masterpiece
LONDON, UK -26th April, 2005 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest videogame publishers, announced that it is developing Prince of Persia® 3 (working title) for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, the Nintendo GameCubeTM and the PC-CD Rom. Scheduled for release in the second half of 2005, Prince of Persia 3 is the third volume in the award-winning Prince of Persia® franchise. Blending the best features from the first two installments (Prince of Persia: The Sands of TimeTM and Prince of Persia Warrior WithinTM) with the talent, vision and ingenuity of Ubisoft's development teams, Prince of Persia® 3 will enliven the franchise with a vitality - and plenty of unexpected twists - that will impress and satisfy long-time fans and newcomers alike. Prince of Persia® 3 will be showcased at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 18th-20th May at Ubisoft's booth, #1300 in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center.
"Prince of Persia® 3 promises to be THE best instalment in the legendary franchise," said John Parkes, EMEA Director Marketing at Ubisoft. "By combining two playable characters in a masterly balanced gameplay, with the perfect mix of acrobatic moves and a compelling storyline, the Prince of Persia will appeal to both Sands of Time and Warrior Within fans alike. The Prince is back to reclaim his kingdom, and he has a few surprises in store..."
About Prince of Persia® 3 (working title)
The Prince of Persia, a seasoned warrior, returns from the Island of Time to Babylon with his love, Kaileena. Instead of the peace that he longs for, he finds his homeland ravaged by war and the kingdom turned against him. The Prince is rapidly captured and Kaileena has no choice but to sacrifice herself and unleash the Sands of Time in order to save him. Now cast out on the streets and hunted as a fugitive, the Prince soon discovers that past battles have given rise to a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him. Game features include:
- Play and master two distinct characters: Wield the powers and weapons of two master warriors with different combat styles, attitudes, and histories.
- Choose your way to fight: Master the expanded Free-Form Fighting system to destroy enemies in your own style; strangle enemies from afar with the deadly Daggertail; or surprise them with full-speed one-shot kills using a brand new stealth art. The choice is yours.
- Battle freely through Babylon: Dominate enemies on the perilous rooftops, dodge through chaotic streets, and ambush pursuers in dark, underground passageways.
- Immerse yourself in a dramatic story: Experience unparalleled depth in storytelling as you fight your way through a twisting tale filled with adrenaline, tension and discovery.
- Manipulate time to surprise enemies: Execute powerful attacks against entire armies by slowing down or rewinding time, or surprise them by using some all-new Sands of Time powers.
- Experience a masterful blend of gameplay: True to the Prince of Persia® franchise, the game provides a variety of action combat, agility and story-driven puzzles - all masterfully blended together into a rich gaming experience.
® 2005 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Based on Prince of Persia® created by Jordan Mechner. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Prince of Persia is a trademark of Jordan Mechner in the US and/or other countries used under license by Ubisoft Entertainment. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. TM, ® and Nintendo GameCube are trademarks of Nintendo. ® 2001 Nintendo. Microsoft, Xbox and the Xbox logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or in other countries and are used under license from Microsoft.
Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, "it's good to play together," captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide. It is the fastest growing company in the videogame industry and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge videogame titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 508 million for the 2003-2004 fiscal year, an increase of 22.5 percent over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com