Carlsbad, Calif., USA - June 1 2005 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announces that they have reached an exclusive publishing agreement with High Moon Studios, Inc. to release DarkwatchTM, an immersive, story- driven FPS that blends the lawless action of the Wild West with the intense horror of vampire movies. Players will come across a thrilling cinematic experience when the game is released in Fall 2005 on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and XboxTM video game system from Microsoft across Europe and Australia.
"We are very excited to be working with High Moon Studios to publish Darkwatch throughout Europe," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing director for Ubisoft. "Together with High Moon Studios, we are introducing players to a title that can satisfy both Western fans as well as FPS aficionados ready to enjoy the fast-paced action the game has to offer."
"We are pleased to partner with Ubisoft to bring Darkwatch to the European territories," said Meelad Sadat, director of public relations for High Moon Studios. "The excitement at High Moon is almost palpable as we near the premiere of our debut title. It is a thrill to know gamers across Europe and Australia will be introduced to Darkwatch by Ubisoft, a company known for some of today's best game properties."
In Darkwatch, players step into the role of Jericho Cross, a solitary outlaw wanting to rob a last train rumored to carry valuable cargo before skipping down to Mexico. Instead, Jericho unleashes Hell on Earth: an ancient vampire Lord who curses him with a bite, then sends out a pulse wave of evil over the American West. As corpses come alive and undead armies run rampant, players, now infected by vampirism, can only save the West and their own soul by joining the "Darkwatch" - a secret society even stranger than the undead monsters they battle.
Darkwatch includes the following features:
- First-ever Vampire Western game - Blast through a frightening re-imagination of the Wild West with exceptional art and design work inspired by both Vampire-Horror and Western genres.
- Different modes of play - Darkwatch features a deep, single player story-driven adventure along with adrenalin-fueled multiplayer combat: two player split screen versus and co-op mode on PlayStation 2, and up to 16 players online via XboxTM Live.
- Cinematic experience - Explosive FPS action framed by a cinematic storyline.
- A diverse arsenal of "Darkwatch-enhanced" weapons - Take the "un" out of "undead" in a variety of ways with a wide assortment of weapons including rapid-fire handguns, dual-wielding pistols, rifles, shotguns, crossbows, rocket-launchers, dynamite and even weapon-specific melee attacks.
- Dynamic gameplay - Experience non-linear missions and a dynamic enemy reputation and experience system that affects player abilities and game outcome.
- Unique weapons, powerful assault vehicles, horse-mounted gun fighting and special vampire abilities bring new depth to FPS gameplay in both single and multiplayer mode.
Location-specific damage and physics powered by Havok bring precision and realism to gunplay - tear the undead to pieces, blow off their heads, shoot out their feet from under them, or practice your aim on countless interactive environment objects.
For more information about Darkwatch, visit the game's official website at www.darkwatch.com.
High Moon Studios is represented in this transaction by Europlay Capital Advisors, a Los Angeles based private advisory firm specializing in representation of interactive entertainment, media and technology companies.
About High Moon Studios, Inc.
High Moon Studios, Inc., formerly Sammy Studios, Inc., is an independent video game development company. Headquartered in the coastal city of Carlsbad in San Diego County, California, High Moon employs over 100 game developers at a state-of-the-art, fully equipped development facility. High Moon is best known for its highly-anticipated first-person shooter "Darkwatch" (www.darkwatch.com), and is currently working on additional original properties for this and next-generation video game consoles. For more information on High Moon Studios, please visit www.highmoonstudios.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge videogame titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of € 537 million for the 2004-2005 fiscal year, an increase of 8% over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
® 2005 High Moon Studios, Inc. or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved. Published and distributed by UBISOFT Entertainment under license from High Moon Studios, Inc. "Darkwatch" is a trademark of High Moon Studios, Inc. or affiliates and is used under license.
High Moon Studios Contact:
310 448 3061